MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Watch the race LIVE!

1 Like

That was so frustrating. Not sure why I kept spinning in the same place. But it was nice having more people join us. The more humans the better. Even if I get lapped by them.

1 Like

I know the feeling. Very frustrating when you can’t figure out what’s wrong. Which corner was it? Maybe a curb that you avoided in Time Trial and Quali to not get a penalty or disallowed lap? But in the race you went over it? Or if it was happening coming out of a turn, maybe wrong gear and too much acceleration?

I really enjoyed tonight! I actually caught up to @DieGrootHammer enough to use DRS, but pushed a little too hard and broke a wing. You can see in my replay that I crashed the shadow off of my car!

Then it was a matter of managing tyres to the end (I pitted sooner than expected and thus they need to last longer).

Really a pity we lost @Nosferatie so soon. He had a great quali and practice and was promising to put up a good show! We should look out for him in future!

@Solitude I know how that feels. If I spin early on it almost feels like the car gets damaged and I keep spinning… Not sure if its maybe suspension damage or what. Other than the spins you had a really fast session before! I was seriously worried!

@DarthMol had a good first race and was already doing better towards the end. If ever you had doubts, remember @GregRedd was fighting not to be lapped by @DieGrootHammer in the first few races and he ended THIRD today. Not his AI either, it was all human ability! :smiley:

See you guys in the US of A!

2 Likes

I’m quite happy with how I managed to do despite the setbacks. 14th with having to do 2 pit stops is not too bad. Hopefully in the next race I won’t get taken out on the first straight.

2 Likes

Let your mates know:

2 Likes

Howdy y’all! Grab yer partner and swing her around! It’s time to get back that there saddle! So shake those rattlers out of your boots and get ready to head to Texas in the US of A tomorrow night! Yeehaw!

3 Likes

Remember the race tonight at 8pm. @GregRedd, @DarthMol, @DieGrootHammer!

3 Likes

If I forget its all @Solitude’s fault for not reminding me :joy:

2 Likes

Haha I know I don’t have to remind you and he who shall not join the forum.

1 Like

I must admit, I haven’t had as much time to practice this round. But I’m still looking forward to it, if I manage not to get run of the track and smashed into a wall by the AI at the start it will already be a better race than last time!

3 Likes

If you Qualify badly, hang back a bit at the start for the first few corners and let the AI sort themselves out. Once they’re a little spread out, it’s a lot easier to take them on. There’s a long straight in the second half of the lap with a DRS zone. If you’re close enough going into the hairpin you’ll have plenty enough speed to drive past them easily enough.

Also had zero practice. Haven’t been around COTA since last year. Hopefully will get a few laps in before we race tonight.

1 Like

Sorry for the last minute guys, but I’m not gonna make it tonight. I’m still at work. Will only be there late tonight… So sorry guys. You can continue without me I don’t mind.

Wanna move it to another day, @DieGrootHammer?

We can do another day as well. Sorry guys I’m really sorry. But please go ahead and have the race tonight and I’ll join for Brazil again.

That sucks that you are still at work @DieGrootHammer

Since I’m the only person online in any case I think it’s not happening.

im about there. just setting up discord on the machine.

I am online, feel free to watch

1 Like

4 Likes