MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Yep, I will be sitting in the dark.

3 Likes

Our power goes off at 10 tonight. So will join up to like 21:45

3 Likes

That is if i am signed up and able to join.

2 Likes

oh wait, someone said they sent invites? will check when i get home and if i dont see anything i will shout.

3 Likes

We were supposed to have load shedding from 4 to 6:30 and it stayed on, so we can hope!

2 Likes

Live at 20:15! Come laugh at us!

3 Likes

i wish i could speak with you but you cant hear me, mic probably doesnt wok :frowning_face:

3 Likes

and sorry if i cause some accident, really

4 Likes

Lol don’t worry dude. I should’ve not been driving that close to you.

3 Likes

Thank you guys for a great evening and toughly enjoyable races :slight_smile:
Looking forward to the season :racing_car:

3 Likes

Yet again @DieGrootHammer hammered us! However, at least we had 3 different winners in 6 races so not ALL bad!

Also, thanks for the online support! Had a record 6 concurrent viewers! Yay!

5 Likes

Thanks for a great night, everyone!

Had a small crash with @DieGrootHammer, had to learn how to start driving from the grid, had great racing with @oltman in particular, had a bunch of big crashes all on my own, and there is absolutely no evidence that @DieGrootHammer mopped the floor with us:

@Camky007: It’s a pity your mic didn’t work, but it was great fun racing with you!

3 Likes

It sounds more like @DieGrootHammer crashed against everyone.

I’m glad you guys had fun. I look forward to joining next week.

3 Likes

Lol I only crashed against one person. The other was an error on the first lap where I followed @Avatar off track. But 3 wins out of 5 is still good enough. Plus I think I had all the fastest laps bar one track, USA.

Thank everyone it was a great session. Looking forward to the season.

4 Likes

I think we touched in that T1 adventure, I remember losing the back end there. It could’ve just been an overzealous right foot, but it felt like bumping action :slight_smile: I’ll have to check replays to be sure.

2 Likes

Yeah it was some bumping action. I got spooked off the track when you missed then braking zone, leaving me to go wide and into the back of you. That spun me out, but I don’t think you span.

2 Likes

I didn’t spin, but I definitely had sideways action going! :smiley: Lost a bunch of time, but managed to get back on track without any further issues. You did manage to get me back at T1 on the last lap, though! :smiley:

So, Hammer, how do you get to pull away from the pack like in Austria, of catch up like in COTA? Obviously skill comes in, but is there a setup factor? Strategy? What’s your secret?

2 Likes

no life. hopefully now with the girlfriend in the picture, he will go downhill.

3 Likes

That argument doesn’t hold - I also don’t have a life, but I’m shit…

2 Likes

I guess its a combination of lots and lots of practice and finding a setup of the car that you feel very confident in. The issue when driving like we do is sometimes people can be a bit too timid in some corners. It is mainly due to not having confidence in the car that you are driving. With F1 I feel very comfortable with the setup I use and have that confidence going into corners that I know where the car will stick and how it will brake. But games like iRacing I am still learning and getting to grips with the car, thus have less confidence and I’m slower.

2 Likes