MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Okay racers, time to nail down the plan for tonight’s short circuit event for those that will be able to drive.

Based on the pretty evenly split start time vote (after Soli’s withdrawal) I am applying my Wisdom of King Solomon hat and declaring a compromise in the middle of the two -

• We will start the first round at 8:30PM SAST / 7:30PM CET
  • We’ll take a short 5 minute break between each race so that any drivers who don’t make the previous race start can join in at that point.
  • Anyone with loadshedding electricity issues that gets their power restored by 9:30-ish is welcome to hop on and maybe grab a grid slot for the last race or two of the event.
  • Everyone, racing or not, is welcome to hop onto the Race Radio channel on the MEW Discord to say hello and have a chat.
  • Hopefully Oltman will be able to stream some of the action tonight for us over on his Champions of Victory channel (I’m sure he’ll confirm later).

@Camky007 @DieGrootHammer @oltman @Nosferatie @Solitude @Talentloos @Avatar

3 Likes

I will def be streaming the fun! And the chaos. And the sadness.

3 Likes

Enjoy guys!

3 Likes

Great, so everyone can see me flying off in the first corner? Thanks :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Naw its just for me to watch and feel left out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Not too late to sign up…

3 Likes

Naw I will watch and wish and cheer you all on! I am really not good enough to race with you lot :smiley:

1 Like

Yep, I will be sitting in the dark.

3 Likes

Our power goes off at 10 tonight. So will join up to like 21:45

3 Likes

That is if i am signed up and able to join.

2 Likes

oh wait, someone said they sent invites? will check when i get home and if i dont see anything i will shout.

3 Likes

We were supposed to have load shedding from 4 to 6:30 and it stayed on, so we can hope!

2 Likes

Live at 20:15! Come laugh at us!

3 Likes

i wish i could speak with you but you cant hear me, mic probably doesnt wok :frowning_face:

3 Likes

and sorry if i cause some accident, really

4 Likes

Lol don’t worry dude. I should’ve not been driving that close to you.

3 Likes

Thank you guys for a great evening and toughly enjoyable races :slight_smile:
Looking forward to the season :racing_car:

3 Likes

Yet again @DieGrootHammer hammered us! However, at least we had 3 different winners in 6 races so not ALL bad!

Also, thanks for the online support! Had a record 6 concurrent viewers! Yay!

5 Likes

Thanks for a great night, everyone!

Had a small crash with @DieGrootHammer, had to learn how to start driving from the grid, had great racing with @oltman in particular, had a bunch of big crashes all on my own, and there is absolutely no evidence that @DieGrootHammer mopped the floor with us:

@Camky007: It’s a pity your mic didn’t work, but it was great fun racing with you!

3 Likes

It sounds more like @DieGrootHammer crashed against everyone.

I’m glad you guys had fun. I look forward to joining next week.

3 Likes