MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

No worries guys, its shame this leadshedding give us big headache but im patient and ok, we start again and we will see. If we weill still have issues, we can just do random days races, and we can make an excell sheet where we add the points, otherwise we never finish any races… Thoughts?

3 Likes

Plot twist!

Apparently City Power has enough extra power to compensate for load shedding so our power is still on!

2 Likes

Yeah, I wish I knew that earlier.

1 Like

But I’m guessing the non-Joburg okes are still experiencing load shedding

1 Like

So are we racing tonight? I’ve got to say, I’m knackered, so I won’t mind waiting for next week…

1 Like

What an idiot I am!!!

I posted in the wrong thread… :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

I found it and voted, though :smiley:

2 Likes

I logged on but no invitation for the new league… @GregRedd. All I have is a league v2 with Bahrain the next race having done race 1. And the old expired one.

1 Like

Odd. I wonder if the invites expire? No worries. I have just sent new invites to everyone on my list. Hopefully they’re in your Game Mailbox when you log in. I know I must have sent them because @Camky007 is registered - thanks Camky! @SlinX - still don’t see you name in my Friends who Play F1 list? You should be able to join using the invite code.

The new season is name MEW F1 - 2020 Season. The league Access Code if you still don’t have an invite is CM#_6Z8VML (think you just need the bit after the CM#_.)

cc. @Oltman @Avatar @DarthMol @Solitude @Talentloos @DieGrootHammer @Nosferatie

1 Like

I’ve accepted the invite. Thanks.

Now I’m just hoping our power stays on. We don’t have load shedding but with this rain storm the area’s power keeps going off for a few seconds and coming back on again. My UPS keeps things up and running, but will only manage for a short while. And my wheel will lose power… might need to see if I can add that onto the multiplug connected to the UPS. It could make for an interesting experiece mid-race!

2 Likes

Well, I have backup power as well, but power has been off from 8am. Some cable fault somewhere. This will test my batteries to the full. At the moment all lights are off and I forbade my wife from watching TV :joy:

I did get the invitation and accepted. It said the invitation will expire in 6 days, so there is an expiration time.

2 Likes

could you send the invite again? i didnt get…

2 Likes

Use the code Greg posted above :wink:

1 Like

You don’t need it - you’re in the League already from last week! Just make sure you choose the MEW F1 - 2020 Season one - it should show Australia as the next race.

1 Like

@Camky007 rejoin the league event and we will start qualifying

1 Like

Sorry guys. its been a week from hell.

1 Like

I just have no internet and I hate it. I hate this country and I hate Vodascum and I hate Eskom.

1 Like

Not to worry guys… we had a couple of connection issues again last night. And even though we eventually managed to get the race run, we lost @Camky007 along the way.

And then at the end of the race, after watching the podium thing and seeing the results screen, the system wouldn’t connect anyone to the server and we all had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out.

Turns out that the race result hasn’t been uploaded at all and the League now shows “Australia - Race” as the next session. :man_shrugging:t2:

And that’s despite at least myself and @oltman both having Race Highlights videos available.

I’m hugely frustrated by it all still, so haven’t really had a think about what we’re going to do, but I will once I get a break and have calmed down a bit. But it may still turn out that you didn’t lose out on anything by not being there last night :grinning:

3 Likes

After having won twice I am not about to redo the race again :joy:

Once the race was under way it all went pretty smooth, apart from 2 Safety cars taking up about half of the race. Avatar nearly unlapped himself at the end and nearly forced me into making some mistakes! Sneaky, that one!

I think It was me, @GregRedd and @SlinX in the points? I cant remember…

3 Likes

I’m just miffed that the reason I was lapped in the first place was the an AI pulled a Grosjean and reversed into me, breaking my front wing. I got it repaired, caught up in a safety car, overtook about 4 AI’s and @GregRedd in one lap, and then got punted into a wall by an AI that did not like being overtaken. :frowning:

Advantage is that we’ll all be really good at AUS soon… :smiley:

3 Likes