MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Heads up! 1.2gb update :wink:

1 Like

Oh crap, there goes my practice time :neutral_face:

1 Like

Patch 1.05 - OUT NOW!

16 JUL @ 3:50PM - JENNYANNE_M

Hi everyone!

In this patch, the performance order of the teams has been rebalanced to better replicate the F1 Season and how it has evolved since preseason testing.

This update affects both the car handling of your car and the performance of the AI cars. Individual team handling traits have been tailored to be more representative of their real-life counterparts, with updated aerodynamics achieving a performance improvement of between 1 – 1.5 seconds per lap, mainly in higher cornering speed, and vehicle performance has been updated to give a more accurate assessment of each car’s strengths and weaknesses. The other update that you’ve been asking us a lot about is F2 in multiplayer, this will be available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN game in patch 1.05.

Here’s the notes for this patch:

• 2019 season performance updates
  • F2 is now available in Unranked Multiplayer and LAN
  • AI performance has been improved in wet weather for both F1 and F2 vehicle classes
  • Improvements to AI blocking behaviour
  • In photo mode changing shutter speed will no longer make the screen go black
  • Fanatec wheels will no longer send strong force feedback turning the wheel to the right on race starts
  • Rain / ERS charging lights now work on PS4 Pro
  • First Ten Down (Complete 10 races online) achievement will now unlock correctly
  • Stopped graphical glitches occurring and getting more frequent during long play sessions

Not seeing anything in there about changes to the Multiplayer car, so hopefully driving it tonight won’t be any different. If the damn update finishes…

2 Likes

Back to Uni for me!

3 Likes

Nice race again tonight, thanks guys. And thanks to all those MEWBs who popped in to Race Radio to say hello - sorry we couldn’t get the screen share thing working very well.

Some quick screenies:

Now why does this look familiar? (Thanks though, got me from the back of the back to P5 before T2 :slight_smile: )

No time to practice for both the F1 League AND the Dirt Rally League? Be like Greg - do both at the same time! (Thanks to this blunder I went all the way back to P15. Karma I guess.)

Hammer, it was this close…

Hungary next week.

4 Likes

What a fun time! We even had a crowd listening in! Thanks for the support!

You shall not pass!

Severe lockups all round!

In front of @GregRedd!

Soon to be BEHIND @GregRedd

At least one good fast lap

And across the line!

5 Likes

Thanks for the race guys!

4 Likes

Yeah thanks for the race everyone. Was fun yet again.

Also @GregRedd that pic you shared is not of me passing. I am driving a green car. I was the one that passed you from behind, while you were reversing back onto the track or something. Was just as close as that pic though.

4 Likes

Very nice video @oltman :+1: :grinning: I was pretty sure last night that I wasn’t the cause of your spin after you overtook me at the hairpin, but seeing it now from your view I’m not 100% certain :neutral_face: Need to go watch my highlights properly to see if it was caught there…

That you came back from two big spins and to still finish should give Hammer something to think about - keep practicing man, you’re our only hope :joy:

I don’t understand why @Solitude got DQed from Practice when he was just trying to turn back around after a spin, but you got away with reversing on the circuit when you missed the pit entry? Well weird.

Yeah, @DieGrootHammer, I thought that wasn’t you, but didn’t spot any other close calls on my quick scan through the highlights. Will check again tonight if I can find it.

Oh, and if you did save your Highlights even as short as they were, PM the link to me please. Soli, Oltman got yours - thanks.

3 Likes

I learned my lesson. When driving back to the road, make sure to point the front in the right direction.

If you want to take people out, reverse. :grinning:

3 Likes

Works for me!

2 Likes

I am 100% sure. Look at my photos. The one is right before, the other is right after the hairpin. By the time I spun around you were only then next to me. The word from the stewards: no further action required.

2 Likes

Eventually got round to gettig the German GP Race Highlights featuring @Solitude, @Oltman and myself put together and uploaded to the MEW YouTube channel. @DieGrootHammer’s highlights were 5 seconds at the start and 5 seconds at the end.

Learning new editing techniques every time. Unfortunately, there are a couple of stutters in the source clips - a small bit in the middle of @Oltman’ s and a fair bit in the beginning of mine. I did download the files a couple of times to try and get them better, but it never got any better. Next challenges on my video editing task list: (1) How do deal with source clips in different resolutions and aspect ratios. (Soli’s clip looks a bit odd because of the widescreen ratio he uses); and (2) How to balance/equalize the brightness and colors across the various clips (Oltman’s clip is very dark compared to the other two.) It’ll get better.

4 Likes

I thought it was just mine stuttering and even tried exporting it again and again with no change.

Next you need to do commentary during a highlights package in your best Murray Walker voice!

1 Like

Morning Racers! Need a Yay or Nay for Round 3 in Hungary tonight?

Personally don’t mind, and would be okay either way. I definitely could do with more practice around Hungaroring - think I’ve done at most about 10 laps around it - but happily accept that all the practice in the world isn’t going to make too much of a difference in my case :rofl: All the action for the in-game Weekly and IRL this weekend is in Germany, so there also that to consider.

• Get your helmet on! Tonight we Race!
  • I’m on diet - Hungary can wait a week please.

0 voters

@DieGrootHammer @Solitude @Oltman

2 Likes

Split vote. :neutral_face: The FiAMEW (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile Most Epic Win) decree that we postpone Round 3 to next week. But that’s the only postponement we’ll have for the remaining 3 races of the Season. Get your practice laps in!

1 Like

I’m not in South Africa from the 7th to the 22nd of August. If we race today and next week and the week after then we can finish the races before I go away.

3 Likes

Apologies. Forgot about uour trip, you did tell us about that weeks ago. Vote changed.

Postponement is cancelled! Race is back on for tonight.

8PM, Hungarian GP.

2 Likes

Yeah sorry guys. Wouldn’t have pushed for it but if the only reason for no race tonight is that you guys don’t feel up to it, then I will put my foot down. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You do that. Especially too early, as you come out of the slow corners :joy:

1 Like