MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

I’m happy to try join tonight (I’m not available Wednesday or Thursday either, at least before 9:30pm anyway).

I’m in the discord group so I’ll just send a message via the Discord App on my phone when I’m on the way so you know when to expect me to be there. You can make a call on when to start then.

3 Likes

Thats the only problem with more players: finding a time to suit everyone!!!

Hope you can make it @DarthMol! Would be awesome to have you join us!

2 Likes

What is the AI level currently set at?

I think 60 or 65?

And last night it was… 70 I think? We struggled a bit against them. By we I mean me.

Yes, we had 70 last for practice. I feel 70 gives me a good race, and puts me under enough pressure to make mistakes. But when I am mistake free I beat them quite easily. I prefer to practise against higher AI to teach me more “racecraft”, but its also no fun when we dont stand a chance. I think our races should stay at about 60.

1 Like

Is there any chance that the race will be in the rain? Because whoah boy, it is tough to even see where the track is in that downpour. Pretty cool though how the racing line starts drying up as all the cars displace the water.

1 Like

IIf the games’ weather model is accurate, there’s always a chance of rain in Japan.

Rain during our races so far has been pretty random. Of the 7 we’ve done I think we’ve had rain in the UK race and then a bit in Belgium. The first time it took us all by surprise. Since then we make a point of checking before the race. We just need to remember to do it during the practice session because we’re doing One-Shot Qualifying this season and there’s no time to change setups between the end of practice and qualifying.

1 Like

View the race online if you cannot join us tonight!

2 Likes

@DieGrootHammer, @Solitude, @oltman, @DarthMol, @Nosferatie (make a MEW profile already!!)

Apologies again for the power issues last night. Some sub-station issue in the suburb a couple over from us, and very little communication from Eskom other than a couple of tweets and a recorded message on the phone.

It eventually came back at around 11:30pm.

Checked the League settings this morning and put in a proposal to adjust the AI levels a little again. AI was on 65, want to drop it back to 60. I think maybe the AI aggression setting ramps up at 61, and while I like having more cars on the circuit, their aggression levels in the last few races has ruined too many of our drives, and that’s no fun for any of us. Rather we let them squabble among themselves for the minor placings and only become an issue when Hammer wants to lap them towards the end of the race, than taking us out 2 seconds after the start.

The AI Substitute level was higher than that even, at 70. I’m proposing we drop it down to 60 as well, so that a sub driver essentially has to compete at the same level as the rest of the AI.

In terms of my P2 (:open_mouth:)… I know we originally agreed to half points for AI Sub drives, …

…but I think in this case I’m going to give myself one third points instead as the AI driver was clearly a little too OP. If it happens again going forward, I’ll revert back to half points (assuming the AI level change is accepted.)

Only problem is that when I try to adjust the finishing position - which is the only way I can find to adjust points - the system still freaks out like it did when we tried to adjust Soli’s points last season. This time, every time I moved any of the drivers - us or the AI, up or down - it would add an extra point to Hammer’s score.

I mean, he is good, but not 119 points in a single race good! :rofl:

Essentially, subtract 12 points from my total in the League Standings screen in-game, and you’ll get where we are after 3 of 7 races:

Also, purely out of curiosity, does anyone know why Oltman gets to go P1 in the Standings rather than Hammer? Both now have a P1 and FL, and a P3. Is it maybe because his win is more recent?)

Lastly, I’m going to try this weekend to put a video together for the 3 races - Singapore, Russia, Japan - we’ve done this Season, so if you still have any Highlights clips in your Theatre that you haven’t sent me and want my to include, let me have them by Friday-ish please.

And remember when you’re next in game to check your in-game Mail and accept the League Change proposal. Darth you’ll need to accept the League invitation first before you’ll start getting vote messages.

2 Likes

I can only assume it is because it sorts by points, wins, date of wins. I got a P1 first so it counts in my favour? Also, just let me enjoy being on top a little longer please!!! :joy: 3 races in and on top? This must be what Bottas felt like… You know whats coming, so enjoy it while it lasts!

He gets bonus points for creative word smithing…

As for the AI subs, I am happy to have them SLIGHTLY better than the normal AI? even if just by a point or 2.

3 Likes

I have accepted the invite!

2 Likes

¡Hola amigos! ¿Estás listo para la carrera?

1 Like

I are ready!

2 Likes

Si. Listo!

1 Like

@DarthMol, @DieGrootHammer, remember the race a little bit later. :smile:

1 Like

I will be there soon.

1 Like

@GregRedd will you still be joining us?

1 Like

Watch the race LIVE!

1 Like

That was so frustrating. Not sure why I kept spinning in the same place. But it was nice having more people join us. The more humans the better. Even if I get lapped by them.

1 Like