MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

I cannot vote on my phone… But I vote yes. If we dont have majority I can do Tuesday or Thursday as well

See my updated post - I have altered the vote, pray I don’t alter it any further. :smiley:

What kak phone do you have anyway?

Where is the first race again?

Also I can’t remember what the assists are like. I must go find out how to do manual starts and such.

And also, should I invite random people from MyBroadband to join our league?

Also can’t remember :man_shrugging: Going to check the schedule in a while.

I did set things up initially to allow all Assists on the assumption that those who don’t want to use them can turn them off. But after the Weekly Event thing yesterday, I’m wondering if those settings will be forced on everyone? Could you change settings in the event? Our first race is probably going to be a voyage of discovery for us all…

I’ll leave that one up to the collective. I personally don’t mind, but would definitely prefer it if they were also MEW members as well. Even if they just create an account here to help us coordinate and communicate stuff in one place. And obviously to grow the MEW members list too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My timing must have been perfect for the change of vote :wink:

1 Like

Okay, @DieGrootHammer, @oltman, @Solitude

By virtue of the 3 votes received (and the one youth with a kak phone) Round 1 of Season 1 will happen tomorrow with the lobby opening for Practice at 8PM.

Here’s the Season 1 Track List as it stands at the moment…

…but, I’m thinking now that it might be an idea to change Spain to Hungary and to move it after Germany so that we can get a bit of extra race practice on Silverstone for this weeks’ Weekly Event, and then the next four races are the same as the actual F1 sequence? I think this so much, I’m going to make that Proposed Change this evening regardless.

And the Weekend and Race Settings as they stand at the moment:

The only things that seemingly can’t be changed are the greyed out ones on the Format screen - so no extra 5 AI to keep me company. Again, I’m still not 100% certain how allowing all assists will impact us in the actual race.

I can “propose” any setting change that you want, but it needs to get a majority agreement from the other league members - so 2 out of 3 at the moment. (The only thing that would need a unanimous vote would be a change to a schedule race start time/date, but because we’re doing it On Demand that wont affect us.) Also any settings changes can only be made before a race starts. And I’m guessing (hoping) between races, so that we can change anything we’re not happy with after tomorrow night’s race.

The other thing I’m going to do tonight is promote all 3 of you to League Admins so that you can issue and approve Invites and (presumably) can start a race session if I’m not around for whatever reason. Let me know if you’d rather not be burdened with that level of power.

Voice chat on the MEW Discord server in which ever channel is most appropriate.

Oh, and edit to ask if we want a separate thread started just for our league races, or if we should leave it in this general game thread?

1 Like

If enough people approve of the change proposal I’l send out later this evening, our race tomorrow should be on Silverstone.

1 Like

Thank goodness! Please not Spain! The worst track!

2 Likes

Is the weekly event also Silverstone? That would be great. Then I can do the practice for that before we start our league event.

2 Likes

The Weekly is indeed for Silverstone. I did make changes to our race schedule last night to match the order of the 5 upcoming F1 GPs - hopefully we can benefit from the next couple of Weekly Events as well.

Please all check your in-game mails before the race tonight and approve the proposed changes so that we can run on Silverstone.

2 Likes

So, to confirm… Season 1, Race 1 (of 5) happens tonight from 8PM. We’ll be doing a 25% British Grand Prix on the Silverstone Circuit using the 2019 Spec Multiplayer car.

The field is capped at 15 cars, with AI drivers filling the 11 other spots. If for whatever reason you are unable to race or make the Start on time, your place will be filled by a slightly higher level AI driver in your name. If that driver finishes in a points scoring position on your behalf, you will receive half points for the race.

Provisional Schedule:

• 8:00PM : League Race Lobby opens
  • 8:00 - 8:30PM : 30 minute Free Practice Session
  • 8:30 - 8:35PM : 5 minute Bio/Comfort/Smoke Break
  • 8:35 - 8:53PM : 18 minute Qualifying Session
  • 8:53 - 9:00PM : 7 minute Bio/Comfort/Smoke Break
  • 9:00PM - Race Start

(Under correction, but if it’s anything like other multi-session lobbies, I’m assuming racers can enter at any point up until the actually Race Start? TBC.)

I will set up a specific Voice Channel on the MEW Discord Server for those who want to trash talk the opposition before, during and after the race. Should be up around 7:30PM.

Forces of nature and traffic flow willing, I also hope to try and create a Private Unranked Multiplayer Lobby with as close to our race settings as possible, as early as possible, for those that have the time for some pre-practice practice. I say ‘hope’ becuase I’ve never done that before, so have no idea if it’ll work or not. If it does the Pre-Practice Lobby will be named MEW F1 LEAGUE and it will be passworded MEWF1.

(Whether those settings work or not, I’ll update this thread, so double-check here if you can’t find it.)

Race on!

2 Likes

Excellently done @GregRedd! I look forward to it all.

1 Like

Drivers, START YOUR ENGINES!

1 Like

Hopefully this time I’ll know how. I still haven’t researched that. Um, I think I don’t even have the clutch set in my settings. I use my clutch as the brake.

About to set up the Pre-Practice Practice lobby. No name or password options, only “Open” (which we don’t want); “Invite Friends” (which seems to only allow me to invite online friends - list was blank when I looked earlier); or “Friends Only” which is the option I’ll use.

I guess you’ll need to go to Multiplayer > Unranked and hopefully will see the lobby with my name in the Lobby list.

Will use as close to the actual League Race and Assist settings as possible and set the maximum Practice Time allowed (90 minutes I think). Remember though that it will be classed as a competitive race event so “Return to Garage” and options like that won’t be available. Also be careful of making any huge mistakes as you could get Disqualified and removed from the session :expressionless: When I tested earlier I spun and landed up pointed the wrong direction and drove the wrong way to try and loop round to get back on track and was instantly DSQed, taken back to the lobby and unable to rejoin the session.

If something silly like that happens to you and you still want to practice some more, set up your own Unranked Lobby using Friends Only and others could possibly join yours.

Remember also to check your Assist settings once you’ve loaded into the Lobby (and again in the Race Lobby) - the settings for the Race are to allow All Assists and you may prefer to turn some of them down or Off.

1 Like

Oh, and the League Schedule still shows Spain as tonights race so please check you Mail in-game and approve the proposed change BEFORE anything else - or else we’re all going to be screwed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Enjoy everyone.

Hmm i better install discord again.

2 Likes

Excellent first race of the inaugural MEW F1 2019 Racing League. Thanks for making it good fun @DieGrootHammer, @Solitude, and @oltman. Despite the unexpected drop straight into Qualifying straight after Practice and the “light rain” the game threw at us for the race itself, I think it worked pretty well. Looking forward to the Race 2 now!

The unexpected rain for the race threw all of us for a little loop after we’d practiced and qualified in dry weather.

Soli got himself tangled up in a heavy spin on the 2nd to last lap and dropped from P3 all the way down to P7/P8 before valiantly nursing his damaged car home and managing to creep back up the points table into P6.

I spent a lot of my race outside of the actual circuit trying desperately to stay out of the barriers, and fighting for P4 with ROTH, one of the A! drivers - P3 was an undeserved gift.

A spin at Turn 1 on the opening lap, with a polite little nudge into Hammer, saw oltman slip back down the field. A great drive and some sweet overtakes from him though, and he got himself back up to P2 by the end.

But Driver of Day with a complete Grand Slam of Fastest in Practice, Fastest in Qualifying and Pole Position, leading every lap of the race, and claiming the bonus Fastest Lap point to go with his 25 points for P1 - Hammer. Untouchable and miles ahead of the field, he lapped a number of the backmarkers and finished the race over a minute ahead of P2. If we’d given him any more laps the gap would have been even greater. Well done Hammer! You’ve set the benchmark that the rest of us will need to chase.

Here’s the Race 1 Results:

And the Season 1 League Standings after Race 1/5:

And a couple of quick screen grabs:
Oltman going sideways as Hammer scampers off and Solitude (on the left) and I (on the right) prepare to take evasive action to avoid Turn 1 chaos (and the risk of being branded as “rammer griefer douchebags”!)

And Oltman a few laps later, this time pointing in the right direction, as he shapes up to overtake me after the final chicane.

Germany and the Hockenheimring await us.

3 Likes

After deliberating for hours, the race stewards decided no further action was required for the incident between cars 96 and 22 at turn 1, lap 1. The stewards deemed it “racing”.

Thanks @GregRedd, @Solitude and @DieGrootHammer! Great race and really looking forward to the next one!

3 Likes