MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Nice vid! It’s insane how wet it was and how much the spray from the cars around you affect your view regardless of the camera view. Hammer saw it as a “light teaser” because he didn’t have to deal with anyone ahead of him! I didn’t realize you’d dropped all the way to the back - makes the comeback even better. What did you use to record the session? And to edit it?

Had a shower thought about vids as well. There should be an auto-generated Race Highlights video in the Theatre section of your game (it keeps the most recent 3 races unless you save them - and then only 5/6). You can export the clips to your hard drive though if they are still available in your Theater.

If you want, would the 3 of you export and save your individual highlights clip (they’re about 2 mins long, 200-250MB big), upload them to a DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, and PM me a link to download them? I want to see if I can put together a combined video, maybe slap a MEW logo and some titles onto it, and then upload it to the MEW YouTube channel. No fancy edits or attempt to synchronize them, just each highlights clip one after the other in a single video.

If you do want in on this, please try get the clips to me by Friday latest so I can play with the video editing software over the weekend.

3 Likes

Thank you guys for the race. It was super fun! Pity about the rain though.

And thanks for the video @oltman. After reviewing the evidence from your view, I feel much better about our turn one “incident”. I think the Stuarts got that one correct.

And @GregRedd I’ll see if I can get the video from my side. Shouldn’t be an issue. Will do that tonight.

4 Likes

Thanks guys that was a lot of fun!

@DieGrootHammer is just crazy fast. Nicely done on the win. @oltman you did really well to come back from the bad start. @GregRedd, well done on the third place. I hope to challenge you the next race.

Soli goals for next week:

1. Less mistakes. I even crashed the car during the practice session.
  2. Learn to do manual starts.
  3. Actually find out about car setups.

Big ups to @GregRedd for organising all of this. You are doing a stellar job and I look forward to the next race.

2 Likes

I caved and ordered a wheel today :joy: will hopefully get it before the weekend so I can practise a bit! It better help me catch @DieGrootHammer!

3 Likes

Nice! Which wheel are you getting?

Are one of you streaming it live? And what and where are you lot chatting on? I wanna be a spectator since I cant race.

1 Like

Send pics of your racing setups.

Sincerely,

MEW Race Stuarts

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone live streamed, did they? That would also only give you the view from the one person, which in my case at least, would make for very boring viewing :joy:

There is a Spectator Mode in the game that allows you to switch between drivers and different camera angles and views, which could be pretty neat for streaming - but you can only access it if you have the game :frowning:

Maybe once the League grows a bit more and I retire as a Driver (due to old age, not due to not wanting to embarrass myself anymore) I’ll take on the role of Race and Broadcast Director and do live streams of the races.

Oh, and we used the MEW Discord for comms - created a fairly obvious voice channel there.

2 Likes

@Solitude I am getting a Thrustmaster TX. Took a lot of inner turmoil as I should not really be spending money on these things. But since I won my F1 race a few weeks ago and placed 1st in the weekly event, and had a decent comeback last night, I figured its becoming a valid hobby!

I have an old PC with a capture card in. I capture everything with OBS (free) and then edit it with Davinci Resolve (also free). Still very much a learning curve. I will have a look and save my highlights for you @GregRedd.

@Wyvern I have the ability to stream it, but have never done it before. I will gladly try to set it up just for you!

@Deadlypinecone this is my control setup at the moment :wink:

3 Likes

Now that you say that, it won’t work for me at the moment because I’m using Discord on my phone, but if you (or any of the other guys) are using Discord on the same machine as you’re driving on, @Wyvern can teach us how to do the Discord Screen Sharing thing. That worked very well in the past.

What may be even better… Wyv, if you’re really bored, do some research and find out if there’s a way to share multiple screens simultaneously in Discord? If there is we could do a old old fashioned split screen share so you’d see more than one drivers view.

2 Likes

I will see what I can do, I would love to be able to watch you guys race :smiley:

3 Likes

When is the next race? Tuesday next week?

FLIP!!! I am sooooo hooked!

2 Likes

You are really good and hey if it’s a hobby that you are going to spend a lot of time on then the wheel is awesome. Personally I’m still getting used to the whole wheel setup so you may find that your times will be worse initially. Or hey, maybe it’ll be better immediately.

2 Likes

This is my setup…

… in my DREAMS!

3 Likes

Race #2 - Germany

• Next Week (Tuesday, 16 July @ 8PM)
  • Week After (Tuesday, 23 July @ 8PM?

0 voters

Keep in mind that the actual German GP is 28 July, and that the Weekly Event in the game for the Week 22 - 28 July will probably be based on Germany that week.

So many screens,
So many buttons,
so many want!

Whoops, sorry!

2 Likes

The more replies, the better!

1 Like

Changed my vote to the following week, to allow some Dirt / Grid racing next week instead.

1 Like

Another option is bring in the earlier races between the official races. So for instance we can race Australia next week.

I will be away for a couple of weeks in August. Going to be out of the country. So won’t be able to participate then.

1 Like