MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

I don’t know about you guys but I’ll quickly have to learn to drive F1 again tonight.

2 Likes

This has been my strategy, I’m not nearly as fast as some of the guys, but if I can avoid the carnage I can at least get a decent placing through consistency.

1 Like

Guys I have some bad news:

I’ll check at home if I have internet connection and can connect.

I also have some IRL stuff to take care of and will try my best to be home, but with internet issues and real life getting in the way, I am not too confident that I’ll be able to race tonight

2 Likes

I understand.

I wouldn’t mind moving or cancelling the race again. I’m so invested in iRacing by now. It’s a real jolt to the system to jump between the two. It’s up to all of you though.

1 Like

Hey man, we all get it! IRL can sometimes suck!

Are you saying you want to forfeit…? :grin:

Bugger. Sorry Hammer. Internet issues suck at any time. Added to RL complications and the frustration just grows.

I’m of the opposite opinion, but for similar reasons. :slight_smile: I’ve been putting the iRacing off until the F1 stuff is done so that I can concentrate fully on that rather than having to keep going back to F1 and readjusting things each time we’ve tried to get this race going.

I think we need to run the race tonight whatever happens and get this season closed. And then maybe in around a months time we can come back to it again. I really do want to run an official Sprint race season (or two!) and also do a full 20 race Season as well. I’m hoping the rest of you (and anyone else who happens to pick up F1 2019 in the holiday sales or something) remains keen enough to join in on those events.

But for tonight, I say we run the race, and take it as it comes. I’ll open the lobby at 8 and once everyone who can be there is there, we go. @DieGrootHammer (and anyone else who possibly won’t make it) if you can, please drop a note here or on Discord at around that time to confirm your situation.

I see already @oltman is risking upsetting Velocity (the god of motorsport) with his pre-race fighting talk. You’d better watch out if Hammer does in fact make it. And if he doesn’t, don’t be surprised if Velocity slaps you and your car into a wall… :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, and just by the by… there’s a smallish (558MB) PC patch (1.15) that went out just a few hours ago.

Patch 1.15 is out on PC now. This patch contains the Alexander Albon and Pierre Gasly switch, as well as including our Halloween items! You’ll notice that this is patch 1.15 - we’ve combined this with patch 1.12, so that we can give you as many fixes as possible.

• Alexander Albon and Pierre Gasly have been moved to Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso – this will not affect existing career saves
  • AI Race start performance variance updated leading to slower starts by the AI on average
  • Mid-season driver transfer logic amended
  • Added options to disable driver transfers or limit to off-season transfers only
  • Addressed an issue with visual graining seen on specific graphics cards
  • Addressed an issue where FPS drops could be seen on PC
  • Cars being lapped will now ghost in online sessions
  • Teammate can now be selected at the start of a career
  • Grid penalties can now be seen during the pre-race grid rundown
  • Players can no longer re-join a team they were fired from in the same season in career
  • 26 brand new customisation items including Halloween edition items
2 Likes

As a non iRacer I’d appreciate having the race tonight. It’s felt like a long time since we had the last race. But I’m happy to go with the majority vote.

3 Likes

I’m game and will be there!

Also something to ponder about. Maybe we should keep going with F1 2019 and start with Australia and race every second week or something. What do you guys think?

It’s going to be tough, with iRacing and all but I love our races and I would like to stay familiar with the F1 games.

2 Likes

I had to manually start my update. It was scheduled to download tomorrow for some reason.

2 Likes

I am going to be there :wink: You are saving me from my mother in law

1 Like

Sorry guys my internet is all screwy tonight. Getting massive drops in speed and some disconnection.

2 Likes

No worries Hammer, thanks for letting us know. Hope your stuff gets sorted out soon. I’ll try take @oltman out for you… :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks all for having me join the group. It was fun!

2 Likes

Thanks @GregRedd for setting this league up and running the highlight videos! This was a great season!

I am glad I could give @DieGrootHammer a bit more of a run this time around, but this is not the way I wanted to win. Sorry you having issues.

@Nosferatie, glad you joined the team and EVENTUALLY the forum!!! And you make for a great team. “Nosferatie, this is James…”

Everyone else, what a blast! See you in the next season!

5 Likes

4 Likes

And so Season 2 of the MEWRL F1 2019 League draws to a close with a good tussle at the front of the field between @Oltman, @Nosferatie and @DarthMol, while @Solitude and I continued to defend them from the back end of the field. Really sorry that @DieGrootHammer wasn’t able to race himself tonight, but his AI Substitute driver put in a respectable P5 finish on the tricky, twisty, dusty (read “kak”) Yas Marina circuit.

Once all the scores have been adjusted and calculated, here’s how our 7 race season finished up:

A comfortable League Champion title for Oltman in the end, with Hammer finishing a solid P2. Fantastic showing from both our league “Rookies” - Nosferatie and Darth - who, despite joining the Season late still managed to secure P3 and P4 respectively. Soli and I need to up our game somewhat and work on at least getting into the points more regularly.

Much fun and many laughs all round again - I’m hoping to get a Season Review video of sorts together soon enough, although I may have to call it “Greg drives into a wall again”. Thanks to all of you for participating, and especially Nos and Darth for jumping in to boost our numbers. Again, if anyone else wants to join the league, please do. You can see from Oltman’s early results and from Darth’s results this season that the game is perfectly playable with a controller and you can be competitive - no wheel needed. Also, as you can see by my results, we take all levels of skill :slight_smile:

We’ll be back in a couple of weeks time for a formal Sprint Race Season - just with more control this time :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Nicely done everyone!

3 Likes

If only I hadn’t spun on the second last lap!

Victory was so close!!!

5 Likes

So proud of you all!

2 Likes