MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

I installed EskomSePush again. A couple of years ago it didn’t work right for me but it’s working now. And yes, I can confirm that at stage 2 my power will be off until 8:30pm.

@DarthMol, do you still live around here?I remember you moving but I can’t remember to where.

Ya I moved at the beginning of the year. I’m now in Weltevreden Park.

1 Like

Ah okay cool so you are still in 3B I think so you’ll be on the same schedule as me.

Sweet! My brother in law lives in Palmiet avenue. For what its worth :sweat_smile:

Confirmation that Stage 2 load shedding will continue today, and the possibility for worse.

At least @DarthMol and @Solitude already confirmed to be powerless until 20:30, and probably later than that with Eskom’s inability to stick to their schedules - ours came back 20 mins later than was scheduled last night. Not sure about @DieGrootHammer, but if @Oltman is anything like my mother in Ballito down the road from him, he’ll also be off from 20:00 tonight. At this point it is possible that the only one who is certain to be available is @Nosferatie.

So, do we postpone until next Thursday, hopefully by which time Eskom have sorted their shit out? Or do we go ahead with whoever is able and leave it to the AI substitute drivers? Or revote for a different day?

1 Like

I hate to say it because I haven’t been driving iRacing because of tonight’s race but maybe we should move it to next week. Yesterday the power went out at work even though it wasn’t scheduled so even if we do start tonight there’s a chance that someone’s power will go out during the race.

Plus if two are off from 8, two until 8:30 then it’s just not going to work.

Blame @Blazzok! He should have klapped some Eskom workers for us.

1 Like

Ok, my power situation is irrelevant as I have backup power. So I am still keen for tonight.

1 Like

According to the schedule I should have power tonight, but with Eskom nothing is certain. So I should be able to race tonight should it still go on. But yeah with people having power issues, I think it would be better to postpone it to a later date.

1 Like

Okay, so super short notice stop gap solution… I’m postponing Round 7 of the Main Season until next week Thursday so that everyone has a fair shot at finishing the season with a decent race.

For tonight though, I’ve just set up a bit of a fun “Sprint Season” that should be pretty entertaining. Had to create a new League for it because you can only have one running season at a time in your League. It’s called MEW Sprint Series, but you should all find invitations to it in your in-game mail. If you can at least log in and accept that invite before you lose power it would be great, so that your AI Substitute can race for you, but not a train smash if you can’t.

I’ve set it up with the Short Course versions of Bahrain, Britain, Japan and the USA, plus Austria (because you need at least 5 circuits to create a Season, and Austria is a short quick lap). At 25% race distance, each of these takes just 10 -15 minutes to complete. (Haven’t timed Austria though). So with no Practice and no Qualifying and a short break in between, we can run a race every 20 minutes or so. And we can do as many as you want. You can jump on as soon as you have power and pickup the season from which ever race we’re up to at that time.

Set it up with no AI to spoil our fun, but with AI Substitutes allowed for the guys that can’t make the start of the first couple of races. Also using the 2019 team cars, but set to equalized performance and no setups so really just a cosmetic thing and everyone gets absolutely identical cars to compete with that just look like we’re driving the real thing :slight_smile:

Eskom willing, I’ll start the first race at 8:00pm with whoever is in at the time, but if you miss that one, get the Lobby up and jump onto Race Radio on Discord and pick up the series from the next one.

@DieGrootHammer @Solitude @Nosferatie @oltman @DarthMol

4 Likes

That sounds pretty cool. I’m down for some sprint racing!

3 Likes

I will be online and ready to go. Sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Here’s tack maps of the 4 Short Circuits so you can start to visualize the layouts in your mind:

3 Likes

Sounds like fun.

Regarding next week Thursday for the Round 7 race, that should be fine for me. I will advise if anything changes and I can’t make it but there shouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for the racing and laughs tonight guys. Was good fun just driving for a change without having to worry about corner cutting penalties or smashing into a wall on lap 1 or being taken out by AI. Definitely think we should do it again sometime when everyone has power for the duration and is available. And then we can make it count towards the MEW CoC ratings as well.

Eskom willing, we should be good to wrap up our MEW League Season 2 next week Thursday evening with the Abu Dhabi GP. Looking forward to retaking my traditional back of the field position - all this unfamiliar P2 champagne from tonight is making me nauseous. :grinning:

3 Likes

Well, I can vouch that you drove better than your AI last night! I kike the sprint courses, but sucked at iRacing. I think these two are mutually exclusive for me. I dont have enough skill (or brain power) to get sharp in both :smile:

3 Likes

It’s a huge difference going from the one to the other. They handle completely different.

2 Likes

The final race of the season! I just need to come second to guarantee the title? You all know I lack BMT!!!

2 Likes

You have 8 points over @DieGrootHammer. As long as you stay within that range you should be fine. The pressure is really on Hammer. He needs at least P6 to score those 8 points and for you to be pointless to tie things up, and force me to go figure out the tie-break rules. The only sure way for Hammer to win the title is to finish tonight P1 and post the Fastest Lap. Even if you finish P2, scores would be tied again, but Hammer wins the title through having more race wins.

I’m also very interested to see how the battle for P3 plays out. @Solitude, @DarthMol and @Nosferatie are all in with a chance to secure it tonight.

In both cases, it’s going to come down to who can hold their nerve the best and stay calm when the AI get in the way :grinning:. Yas Marina with the 6 of us and a bunch of AI is going to be a very crowded place. Rage driving two and three wide through all those 90-degree corners is not going to work. Avoid contact at the start (damage is back on tonight!), be patient enough to wait until the back straight to DRS overtake, give the AI a wide berth at all times, and all should be good.

1 Like

Damnit! I forgot about fastest lap… Only one way to really settle this:

2 Likes

“Ag my bleep @Oltman! Jou bleep se ma’s se bleep bleep bleep. Wat die bleep doen jy nou? Ag nee. bleep bleep bleep!!”

2 Likes