MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Oh absolutely agree with you - we’ll keep running with 2019 as long as there’s interest. Also each year the new version gets released, the older one gets heavily discounted so we may even get a couple more drivers on board.

It’s just some of us can’t resist the ”shiny and new” every year, and I think especially with the addition of Zandvoort and Vietnam next year, the 2020 edition won’t be any different. :grinning:

Personally, I’d have no problem running 2019 and 2020 leagues simultaneously :muscle:

2 Likes

I’m one of the people who can’t resist the “shiny and new”! When 2020 hits I will be all over it… Um if it’s a reasonable price like 2019 was at release.

1 Like

Yes if its 50 % discount than cool I jump too :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi guys, any news when league will start?

1 Like

How does everyone feel about next week? Also what day would suit everyone? I’m fine every day.

1 Like

Should be fine for me. That gives me some time to really get to grips with driving with the wheel.

Any day is also fine for now, until it gets busier again.

2 Likes

Yip, definitely keen to get racing again soon! Zoom zoom!

Thoughts on a Short Circuit mini-season this week Thursday evening to knock off the cobwebs and get back into things, and then we start the formal full season League events next week?

Plan for this Thursday then… 25% races on the 4 Short GP circuits (Bahrain, Britain, Japan, USA) with One-Shot Qualifying before each (no practice as the shortest practice time is longer than the actual races would be!) 5 minute bio breaks between each Round. We’ll use our CM Multiplayer cars, fill the field with AI cars (at reasonably low settings) which should make for lots of overtaking and lapping on the short circuits, standard rules settings for the rest. If we start at 8:30PM we should be done by 10:00PM-ish. I also don’t mind starting a little later so that dance lessons, prayer circles and AA meetings can be taken care of :slight_smile:

• YES, I am keen for a Short Circuit racing this Thursday!
  • NO, I suck at organising my life and can’t race this Thursday!

0 voters

(@Camky007 - I seem to remember from your Steam profile that you’re not in South Africa? Where are you and what timezone are you on? Would evening times here work for you there?)

Then, in preparation for the Full Season League races… I like the initial plan of running a race every 2nd week. I don’t think we should fix specific days/times so that we can remain flexible, but definitely think we need to avoid postponing as much as possible. Maybe every off week we poll everyone for the following race week, and whichever day gets the most votes we go with?

I’m thinking 30 minute Practice, Short Qualifying, 50% Race lengths? I reckon that should take about 2 hours or so (but don’t quote me on that, need to run a few more 50% races to confirm). Again, general aim for 8:30PM start, or a little later if need be.

On that basis, aiming for Round 1 - Australia next week, vote for the day/s that work best for you…

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

0 voters

Also need to check with @SlinX for the Assetto Corsa League race days as I think that might clash with these here and there, and I know a number of our F1 League drivers have signed up for the AC League as well.

Open to thoughts, suggestions, requests.
cc @Solitude @DieGrootHammer @Oltman @DarthMol @Camky007 @Nosferatie and @Anyone else who got the game on Sale recently and wants to join in the fun!

1 Like

Personally I would prefer 8pm starts but it’s up to you guys. I get up at 5 am for gym so would definitely prefer that the races are finished by 10pm. However I’d rather prefer more people joining so if we can only do later then so be it. And maybe we should stay with 25% races?

1 Like

I would like 25% race too. Or less practice and 50% race.
My time zone is CET , so basically im 1 hour ahead of London time.
And im from Slovakia. For me dates doesnt matter so much, just would be nice to have a full grid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ANd this week Thrusday test is good for me too. Just let me know how to join the League/Race in the game itself :wink:

2 Likes

:slovakia: Okay, well now we are officially international! I have to ask how you found our little corner of the internet?

Okay, that’s not too bad then. South Africa is UTC+2, so 2 ahead of London at the moment. So for you all the times mentioned in the thread here would be one hour earlier for you.

I’ll send you a League invitation later today. You should find it in your In Game Mail box. In case that doesn’t work, once I’ve got the League set up, I’ll post the invite code here.

Also, not a requirement, but definitely adds a lot of fun to our race sessions… we use a voice chat channel in the MEW Discord Server. If you are using Discord feel free to join the Server here: https://discordapp.com/invite/0gDqD1WJPqQDcJOA and then connect to the Race Radio Channel on race days. (Or just text chat in the normal channels if you don’t want to speak to us bunch of randoms on the other side of the planet :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Ahoj!

1 Like

I see @Talentloos 's name in my list of “Recently Played”… how about it Talentloos? Join us for a little bit of fun multiplayer zoom-zooming?

Well I was just looking for F1 race league and i wrote to some people and leagues, but you responded quick and are really nice and helpfull so I stick with this league :blush:
ANd definitely I like to use the voice chat too , it more interesting and fun.
Cant wait :smiley:

3 Likes

Ahoj :slight_smile: You are from Czech?

1 Like

I’m from South Africa but Czech heritage.

2 Likes

At least you have nicer weather :slight_smile: By chance do you know how many are we now? I mean for this league…

1 Like

Hmmm let’s see. There’s me, @GregRedd, @Nosferatie, @oltman, @DarthMol, @DieGrootHammer plus you. So that’s 7.

And hopefully @Talentloos. I’m trying to convince him.

If anyone knows of more people then it would be nice to get as many people on board as possible.

1 Like

OK fok tog. I’m in. I’m down for Thursday.

3 Likes