MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Solid post @aldyr! Just to confirm though… does the TMX Pro that @Camky007 is considering have a detachable rim to allow for it to be swapped with something else?

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, it doesn’t, at least according to the manual. http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TMX/TMX_PRO_Manual.pdf I had assumed the base and by extension, the connector was the same across all their T300 range bases. It’s strange too, since you can buy a TX Servo base, which quite clearly states, it works with Xbox One and Windows.

Oh well, so the extra wheels seemingly aren’t an option on a Thrustmaster TMX Pro Force. All the other extras are still an option. (Shifter, handbrake, nicer pedals, and some extra adapters)

3 Likes

The TMX Pro does not have interchangeable wheel rims. But it has 3 pedals. I had to return my Thristmaster after it kept losing power as it overheated. I had the TX. Now I drive with the Thrustmaster TS-XW. I love it!

@gregredd having trouble voting (out in the bush) but available any day next week for the start of the league.

4 Likes

Im inclining to Logic G29 as i dont think i will buy other wheel as even this is more than my budget was.
But ok nice things costs nice money. Tomorrow i check out Thrustmaster T500 RS. If the guy gives me some discount would be nice, trying to buy for 250 euro. What you think?

2 Likes

Do you thinks its better to have paddle shifters fixed or rotating with the wheel?

2 Likes

Rotating with the wheel. My real car has fixed pedals and it just doesn’t make as much sense because sometimes you want to change gears while turning and it’s much easier to reach when it’s rotating with the wheel.

1 Like

Fixed paddles are probably only advantageous in rally where you’re often making sudden, massive rotations and would otherwise lose track of which paddle is which. G29 rotates with the wheel, I’ve only found it to be a disadvantage when rallying so far, which is why I prefer rallying with H pattern shifter.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations. Yesterday i managed to make a deal with the guy who was selling the T500 RS. I got at the end for 240 euro, i think its great price, and looks like new.
Please tell me the price is good :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I tried out straight away , and its fantastic . I see know what was I missing in car games. The response, the pedals and wheel is so good. Feeling every inch of the tarmac, corners , the wheels feedback tells me if im overdoing and also the tyre degradation and different track tarmacs gave different feedback, so really satisfied so far. Only think is paadles doesnt rotate, but i use auto gear anyway so its fine.
Plus latter the wheel can be swapped for F1 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think that’s an excellent price if it’s clean and working well! Cheapest I’ve seen that model being sold new down here is for over EUR550. A good buy I think.

3 Likes

Nice @Camky007!

2 Likes

Great wheel for a great price! Welcome to your new addiction! Soon you will have a rig and triple monitors and motion pistons and air blowers and button boxes and dedicated rooms…

2 Likes

We have a tie:

2 Likes

So it me who must decide? Becasue I think we can be flexible if needed in the days for races, maybe lets try Wednesday, becasue its sooner :smiley:

2 Likes

Ha. Nope! As Race Director and Chief Steward and Head Mechanic, that’s my call :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And to be honest, at the moment Thursday evening is my preferred choice.

Going to wait to hear if @DieGrootHammer can possibly do Thursday at all; or if @DarthMol can do Wednesday at all? If either of them can swap, that’s the night we’ll race. If neither of them can, then it’ll be Thursday.

@Nosferatie - if you’re still interested in joining the rabble down here in F1 2019, let us know please. I mean, if you can pull yourself away from iRacing for a couple of hours to grace us with your skills of course :smiley:

4 Likes

Did some driving for the first time in ages and man, I forgot how much fun this game is.

2 Likes

I can’t make Wednesday unfortunately, so I’d prefer Thursday if possible.

3 Likes

Thursday should be fine for me. I don’t foresee any issue right now for then, so we can keep it to then

3 Likes

My Thursday is booked… FOR F1!!!

4 Likes

So is this for Thursday the 16th? Or the 23rd?

2 Likes

It is indeed! Because a good number of us are in both, I’m hoping to be able to alternate weeks with @SlinX so that we don’t clash with the Assetto Corsa league races (first of which is next Tuesday the 21st - sign up now if you haven’t already! #DontBeKak)

With DGHs confirmation (dankie vader!) we will race Round 1 - Australia this Thursday evening. League Lobby should be open from around 8PM, with the Practice session for Go! Go! Go! at 8:30PM sharp (or earlier if everyone is in the lobby and ready to go before then.)

Will share the full game settings and race details later tonight when I can, but in the interim if you are hopping into the game for a little practice, please check your in-game mail for, (and accept obviously!) the invite to the new league that we’ll be using - think I called it “MEW F1 v2” or some such.

6 Likes