MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Just saw that as well!

1 Like

Oh, were we going to do the league race tonight? I completely forgot about that! Was planning on continuing with F1 2020. But I’m okay with a league race.

I know @DieGrootHammer uninstalled 2019 in a fit of rage.

2 Likes

SMH! :roll_eyes: Half the reason we’re supposed to race tonight is because of you, chop!

Sending you a double :roll_eyes:!

Yip. Regardless, we race on with whoever can and does make it on time. Practice starts 8:30PM. If I’m not able to join due to no power, hopefully at least one of the other guys with admin rights will, and can start things successfully.

What upset you Hammer? Show us on the picture where the bad computer game hurt you… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hahaha it wasn’t in a fit of rage that I uninstalled. I had to make space for F1 2020 so F1 2019 was sacrificed. Enjoy the race guys, see you all in 2020

2 Likes

I know absolutely nothing about this. At all. Whatseover. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be there. Except if there’s stage 2 load shedding. Then @DarthMol and I will both be out.

2 Likes

I forgot about this, but will be there! Thanks for the reminder!

3 Likes

Shaved, strapped up, and ready to go…

3 Likes

Okay, that does look a bit uncomfortable. Don’t do it any more damage by maybe not driving with pedals for a while? Controller works fine.

1 Like

What did you do?

I REALLY don’t want to be sitting in the dark tonight…

1 Like

@DarthMol Your time trial is super crazy fast!

I think I won this race last year and can’t beat my time. Yet you guys are all destroying it.

1 Like

That was thanks to @oltman’s setup. I was a few hundredths off his pace and then tried his setup and instantly gained a half second!

I won’t make it for the beginning of practice but will definitely be there in time for quali

2 Likes

Thanks for racing in Hungary those that could - appreciate it! Definitely think the weird server issues that we had are because the focus right now is on the 2020 launch, which seems to have happened a little earlier than planned:

Will update the Overall League Standings with tonight’s results and post them over the weekend, but here’s the race results in the meantime:

As a reminder and note to those who missed the race tonight - we are back on our planned scheduled race days again, so we will be racing at Spa for the Belgium Grand Prix next week on Thursday evening. We’ll continue the season using F1 2019 again so that everyone who hasn’t uninstallled it yet can take part. :smiley:

3 Likes

Pfft, those results are so skewed. I came second I tell you.

4 Likes

Cannot take credit. Jarno Opmeer provides me with my setups in time trial, and they sometimes work in races too. But time trial driving is very different to racing, so they often just make the car slippery, especially on different tyre setups.

2 Likes

It’s a great setup for chasing times.

I’m happy about the race though. Due to family commitments I couldn’t make the practice which did make it tough in terms of getting a setup I was happy with. Good ol’ Parc Ferme in Quali meant the quick guesswork before going out was to be my permanent race setup - at least it was decent enough. Then quali itself was marred by my usb connector headphones unplugging from the usb extender cord, and proved to be too tricky to plug back in while driving. So first attempt at a time didn’t go well since I couldn’t hear the engine and had to rely on the visual queue to shift gears - so I abandoned it. Only managed one decentish lap after sorting that out, getting P4.

Then I missed the start at the beginning of the race! Always happens after I get too used to the longer time you wait in AC. Still, after all that I actually had a solid race with only one mistake as I touched the inside edge of T5 in the last few laps. After that catching @oltman was a distant dream. But P2 is a great result!

3 Likes

I have no idea how @Solitude dropped back so far. He was P2 or P3 and then the penalties added 10 seconds, but the timing gap was much bigger than that…

@Slinx and I had a nice battle in the front, and I could just not catch him. So I decided to pit early and gamble the under cut. Used all my ERS and excess fuel on the fresh mediums and it worked.

Then when I got back in after the AI took over for a few laps, I was 2nd and quite some distance behind @Solitude. My AI is really dumb and it seems it screwed up my tyres and they were overheated. Took a few laps to cool them down and start the hunt.

Overall a pretty good race :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just a quick note to confirm that we are continuing with our normal F1 2019 schedule and will be racing the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Franchorchamps this Thursday.

Belgium beer is best beer! And the racing at Spa is not bad either :smiley:

@DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc @oltman

4 Likes

There is a part of me that just want to spectat and see if I can do a better job than the Virtual GP. But then I also want to RACE! :wink:

Looking at probable 16:00-20:30 load shedding at my place tomorrow evening. Based on Eskom’s previous performances, I likely will only be able to get online at around 20:45 at the earliest.

If one of the League Admins would be kind enough to start the Practice session at 8:30 I’d appreciate it. Will hopefully be able to join before Quali starts.

4 Likes