MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

I work as a mechanical design engineer for a fairly large industrial automation firm, and we’ve been fortunate to have a lot of projects till the end of the year. With this in mind, as well as the entire COVID scenario, the boss has asked our entire department to work some extra hours to try and get ahead with all of the design work.

As a result, I might have to skip the race this week. I’ll try my best to at least join the Quali and the race, but just in case I miss it, enjoy the race! I suspect there will be a few crashes since the Hungaroring doesn’t like overtaking that much!

5 Likes

No worries, thanks for letting us know. Hopefully the overtime work is beneficial for you! :smiley: We’ll see you at the next one.

3 Likes

I won’t be able to make the practice but will join at Quali, hopefully. Got a meeting shifted to Thurs. I should be able to slip in and take over my AI driver, I think

3 Likes

Maybe we should move this week?

I’ve got bad abdominal pain since Sunday. Trying to get it to go away before Friday. If it’s not gone by then then I’ll go to the doctor. Haven’t practiced a race at all yet because it’s just too sore.

3 Likes

In consideration of our ailing, meeting committed, and hard working drivers, a proposal to postpone the Hungarian race to next week Thursday.

Means AC drivers will race on Tuesday and Thursday (and some even on Monday as well in the ACC Monday event.) Also means we will have back-to-back F1 race weeks, but I’m okay with that, so you should be too.

• Yes, postpone to next week.
  • No, race as scheduled.

0 voters

Poll will be open for 24 hours so we will know early tomorrow if we’re racing or not so folks can plan accordingly.

@DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc @oltman

3 Likes

Safety and work first, play second. @Soli: gtf to the doctor, man.
@Konck: I used to be a mechanical design engineer at a small automation firm, and coincidentally visited a factory yesterday afternoon where they’re building all sorts of interesting mining technology. We must remember to chat with the next racing meet!

5 Likes

The last time I went to the doctor for something similar I had to get all kinds of tests done that cost me a fortune and took the whole day only to hear that it’s a virus and it’ll go away by itself. This time i’ll wait a week before going. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What are you doing now, I remember the place you worked at was constant overtime.

2 Likes

My wife always complains when a patient waits too long to come in, so I lecture people when I get a chance :slight_smile: You’re not bulletproof, take care of yourself!

2 Likes

Luckily I left after a month or so - the OT coupled with the commute was killing my marriage. I’d rather be unemployed and happily married… But then I got a great job in Physical Asset Management (PAM), at one of the PAM leaders in the country, so I’m a Reliability Engineer at a small coal mine now.

3 Likes

I actually had a day trip to the Mercedes-Benz factory in East London yesterday. We are heavily involved in the automotive sector, but we get our fair share of work from other sectors too.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, I’d love to get the chance to see their factory. Coincidentally the company I work for does the maintenance management and reliability of the MB plant!

3 Likes

How about another day next week? I cannot wait another whole week! Or am I just making it more difficult for everybody?

But happy to move it in principal.

2 Likes

There’s already Assetto Costa on Tuesday, and a good few of the F1 guys - like yourself! - are also doing the AC Competizikneaxhdh (bloody Italians !!!) thing on Monday, so Thursday works best. Plenty of rally action as well to keep your wheel busy.

4 Likes

Fine! I did not ask you to be wise and make sense!

3 Likes

I’m glad to say that I feel much better. So I will be able to race whenever.

3 Likes

Thats good news! Glad you feeling better!

3 Likes

No chop icon, so have a pre-chop one, you Tjop! :sheep:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sooooo… Apparently there’s a possibility of loadshedding tonight.

1 Like