MEW F1 2019 League Races [MEWRL]

Silly Hammer. You don’t need to practice.

2 Likes

There is practise tomorrow before the race… Dont worry about it now!

2 Likes

I’m sure you can shave at least a second off. I just beat your lap and that’s just unheard of. There’s a couple of places where I feel I can improve so I’m sure you can go much quicker.

2 Likes

Ok, wow, now i have to set up the sim again!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s rough @TH3MAESTRO, sorry to hear. Give @SlinX’s suggestion a thought. Also maybe consider as a temporary solution to switch to clutchless gearing and re-assign your pedals to use the brake pedal as a throttle and the clutch pedal as a brake?

Or be daring and plug and old controller in an drive with it - there’s a good few who do, and do so very well.

3 Likes

That’s how I feel when I think I’ve put in a brilliant lap and then see I’m still trailing you guys by 5 seconds plus! Those guys are Pros - being 3 seconds off their pace around Hockenheim as an amateur is nothing to be sad about. Like at all.

3 Likes

I see your compliment @GregRedd, and I will take it, thank you kind sir!

@Solitude we are playing tit for tat. Your turn :grin:

3 Likes

See, I told you you could improve. :grinning:

I’ll see if I can get some more laps in before the race tonight.

2 Likes

What a crappy race for me… I guess the pressure got to me :wink:

5 Likes

Haha well I only just finished in front of you. Had a great start and then the usual happened. For my next race I’ll practice a proper race because time trials are so different.

3 Likes

Thanks for the race guys and girls. It was fun. We then need to discuss how and when our transition is going to happen to F1 2020 as we discussed last night

4 Likes

Guys, are there any of you who will not be getting f1 2020?

1 Like

I think we should stay away from the 2020 servers for the first week or so. Usually there are a lot of teething issues the first few weeks after launch. Perhaps we should regroup after the race in Hungary?

Another possibility is to do another short track championship on 2020 to see how it goes?

1 Like

@DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc @oltman and anyone else who has an even vague interest in joining our F1 league.

Let’s get the old vote machine up and running so we can get a clearer idea of who is doing what and who wants what.

To get the new version or not:

• Am getting 2020, on launch or soon after (by end July)
  • Am getting 2020, but only 1 - 3 months after launch (July - Sept)
  • Want to get 2020, but will probably only be after Sept.
  • Want 2020, but will not be getting it unless someone gifts it to me :slight_smile:
  • Will not be getting 2020 at all, sad face, sad face, sad face.
  • Other situation - share your story below.

0 voters

The future of our MEW F1 League:

• Happy to continue the current league using 2019 until the end of the planned season.
  • Happy to continue the current 2019 season, and start a 2020 season at the same time.
  • Happy to continue the current 2019 season OR start a new 2020 season, but not both.
  • Do another 2 or 3 GPs in 2019 and then pick up the remainder of the schedule in 2020, carrying points standings across.
  • Do another 2 or 3 GPs in 2019 and then start a totally new season in 2020.
  • Keep using 2019 as is until the majority of drivers are able to switch to 2020, and do selected events in 2020 until then (like Koncks short circuit races suggestion).
  • I have a much better proposal, and will tell you all about it below.

0 voters

1 Like

Other situation - share your story below
I bought it 5 minutes after it was released for pre-order. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a much better proposal, and will tell you all about it below.
We have one more race in 2019 and then move to 2020 when it releases soon after that race. I’m prepared to help someone buy the game if they can’t afford it right now.

5 Likes

Voted.

I’ve got 2020, but I want to re-iterate what I said in race last night, I don’t think we should move over to 2020 if anyone that wants to race gets left behind.

3 Likes

Who is hungry for racing in Hungary?! Next week. On the day that gets the most votes:

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
  • Noday

0 voters

@DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc @oltman

@DieGrootHammer @Avatar @Solitude @DarthMol @Camky007 @SlinX @Nosferatie @Talentloos @Pamar @TH3MAESTRO @Konck @Kwaai @czc @oltman

If you haven’t got F1 2020 yet, now’s your chance. You can get R35 off due to the Steam Road Trip Special.

4 Likes

Hey @GregRedd, please could you provide a standings update? I am having sleepless nights :grin:

3 Likes

Okay, so here’s the F1 standings after the German GP:

The votes are in for this weeks’ race, and 8 out of 8 votes were for Thursday, so we head to Budapest and the Hungaroring for the Hungarian GP this Thursday, 02 July from 8:30PM

This will be the last GP we run before the launch of F1 2020, so let’s make the most of it in case we get too sidetracked by all the new shiny and forget that we’ve voted to continue running the season on 2019 (with or without some 2020 racing inbetween).

Basically, get your good selves over to Hungary on Thursday.

4 Likes