MEW Secret Santa 2020

Welcome to the MEW Secret Santa for 2020

For those of you that don’t know what all this is about, here is a quick rundown. There will be a list of active MEW members that will receive a name randomly drawn by the Grand Poobah, and you have to buy an inexpensive gift for that person. This can be soap-on-a-rope, the latest Indie title no-one wants to play, or something grand and amazing, it’s entirely up to you. It’s as simple as that.

But, as all fun things in life, you need a safe word or a few rules. So here are the current rules to this project: (This has been edited since we got outvoted and will be doing steam gifts this year)

1. You do not talk about whom you have received as Secret Santa… please… keep it anonymous.
  2. All decisions are final, and you are stuck with the person bestowed upon you. We do not have the admin time to manage members changing who they got for secret santa.
  3. The budget for the gifts is set to R150. You can spend up to that amount, but no one can ever force you not to exceed it (wink wink).
  4. We would really appreciate it if you actually send the gift. If you just don’t do anything, people will get sad and feel left out, and we don’t want that.
  5. I will gladly hand out gifts again to people via steam if you want to keep it anonymous - for steam gifts, just notify me so that I know that the gift is being planned.
  6. I think all gifts should be out by 24 December 2020 so that everyone can use the wonders that is Steam and all the other options that will have sales!
  7. I (Aka wyvern or anyone else you know who is no participating) can be roped in to hand out gifts to try and keep the secret. . . .
  8. If you don’t have me as a steam friend - add me now! https://steamcommunity.com/id/WyvrenZA

Ok so far the list of participants are as follows:
@aldyr, @Avatar, @Deadlypinecone, @Donisia @DarthMol, @Flex, @FarligOpptreden, @GregRedd, @Konck, @murfle, @Murph, @MalicE, @Nimatek, @TechThief , @Solitude, @SIGSTART, @z1oc, @1nF4m0u5

Please let me know if I missed someone!

8 Likes

5 Likes

Performs topic resurrection

Anyone else want to join? Or have any questions?

1 Like

I want to make sure that I didn’t miss anyone

so please confirm so that the grand poohbah can do his magic tricks!

2 Likes

I confirm.

1 Like

Confirmed

1 Like

I confirm that @GregRedd and @Deadlypinecone confirmed.

3 Likes

Confirm here

1 Like

Confirm.

I have a doff question: To gift via steam, would I gift it to let’s say @Wyvern, and she can regift it? or How does it work?

1 Like

Yep that is exactly how it works :smiley:
As far I know that is how we got it working last year - my brain is fussy but the emails are still in my inbox

Incorrect! It used to work that way but things have changed for the 2020.

You have to buy a voucher, gift it to Wyvern and then tell her what she must buy.

1 Like

There we go that is the way - you send me the voucher and a pm with what you want bought and I buy it and pass it to your intended victims…

1 Like

Confirmed

1 Like

yeyeye.

1 Like

Confirmed! Looking forward to my first Secret Santa!!

2 Likes

Confirmed

1 Like

I’m going to take a little bit of time to sort out my wishlist today. Whoever gets me as a target, the games I want will be right at the top! Also a couple of the games I want never ever goes on special for more than 10% off. I think the developers followed Rimworld’s idea with that. But it’s mostly indie games so not that expensive.

1 Like

I am struggling to populate my steam wishlist :S Dunno what to dooooooooooo

I’m struggling to depopulate mine. Mostly because I can’t log in. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I will log in on your behalf :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like