MEW Secret Santa 2021

Welcome to the MEW Secret Santa for 2021

For those of you that don’t know what all this is about, here is a quick rundown. There will be a list of active MEW members that will receive a name randomly drawn by the Grand Poobah, and you have to buy an inexpensive gift for that person. This can be soap-on-a-rope, the latest Indie title no one wants to play, or something grand and amazing, it’s entirely up to you. It’s as simple as that.

But, like with all fun things in life, you need a safe word or a few rules. So here are the current rules to this project: (This has been edited since we got outvoted and will be doing steam gifts this year)

1. You do not talk about whom you have received as Secret Santa… please… keep it anonymous.
  2. All decisions are final, and you are stuck with the person bestowed upon you. We do not have the admin time to manage members changing who they got for secret Santa.
  3. The budget for the gifts is set to R150. You can spend up to that amount, but no one can ever force you not to exceed it (wink wink).
  4. We would really appreciate it if you actually send the gift. If you just don’t do anything, people will get sad and feel left out, and we don’t want that.
  5. I will gladly hand out gifts again to people via steam if you want to keep it anonymous - for steam gifts, just notify me so that I know that the gift is being planned.
  6. I think all gifts should be out by 24 December 2021 so that everyone can use the wonders that is Steam and all the other options that will have sales!
  7. I (Aka wyvern or anyone else you know who is not participating) can be roped in to hand out gifts to try and keep the secret. . . .
  8. If you don’t have me as a steam friend - add me now! Steam Community :: [MEW]WyvrenZA
    Ok so far the list of participants are as follows:
    @SIGSTART @MalicE @Nimatek @Wyvern @GregRedd @TechThief @z1oc @1nF4m0u5 @DarthMol @Murph @Konck @Beo @Ani @FarligOpptreden

If I have missed anyone - you have till Monday evening to add your name. Then I will get the sorting hat and you will all get your pm soon afterwards.

3 Likes

make sure you okes have some games on your wishlists :smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry @Wyvern but I will have to skip this year until we sell our house.

3 Likes

Also a skip for me, sorry @Wyvern

2 Likes

I will also be out this year <3

Things are a bit chaotic, and I enjoy the physical gifts. Once we are able to safely do that again, then I am in again !

2 Likes

I’d like to opt out of receiving as I already have tons of games that I haven’t played yet(that’s why I love the physical gifts) Would be happy to send still though.

2 Likes

I’m also out for this year, sorry :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d be keen on receiving/gifting eBooks! I always love getting stuck into a good novel over the holidays so maybe there are others who would be keen on that too. My digital book library is not as backlogged as my game library.

5 Likes

Dude that is an excellent idea!

Im also still up for physical gifting - even if its just a handful of people - maybe we can also do physical between the few of us - even if it ends up being a not so secret SS

3 Likes

I’m also out for this year, @Wyvern. We’re also purchasing our house, so it’s going to be end of the month Salticrax for a couple of months!

4 Likes

That I must say is a amazing Idea

4 Likes

I like this, im 13 ebooks behind where i wanna be :rofl: its not as satisfying as a real book

4 Likes

Wyv chose to assume that I’m in without consulting me.
So ok.

3 Likes

I thought you said you are in in the other post, if not I can still remove you.

1 Like

Haha, no I’m in - don’t remember even responding to this. Of course I’m in.

2 Likes

See this is my evil way of getting you to say hi:p

1 Like

Well played.

2 Likes

We all know who it is.

5 Likes

It hasn’t been me In 2 years I need physical gifts to come back dammit

3 Likes

Why not go to physical gifts for the people that want it? Although I guess the post office is even worse off now than before.

2 Likes