MEW Secret Santa 2021

I will still use postnet or another courier - feck the post office

Not enough people want to do physical gifting just yet

1 Like
5 Likes

Apologies @Wyvern, I thought i said somewhere, I wasn’t taking part in Secret Santa this year.

2 Likes

Hiiiiiii. I was away in Dubai and completely missed the last 2+ weeks of MEW. The only reason I am here now is because I saw in The Grand Poobahs calendar that he is doing the draw tomorrow. Is there any way I could add my name to the list?

3 Likes

Tell him I say YES

2 Likes

Okay, I’m in too. Digital (Xbox) or physical is fine.

2 Likes

I have duly informed the Grand Poobah, and now myself and Beo are on the list! Woo for having a direct line (of sight) to the big boss, and a small metal band which means he has to listen when I instruct ask very nicely

4 Likes

I am quite impressed with Aramex’s R99 drop-bag option, available at PnPs. Also, slower option but still surprisingly good, is PEP stores’ PAXI service. A bit cheaper if you take the slow option. I had 6 books shipped to me from Cape Town in one package for R70. Got it in 4 days!

3 Likes

Exactly there are loads of options and next year it will be all physical

1 Like

Awww heck. I’ll go all in for giving and receiving. There’s jou in both giving a gift and receiving one, so I’ll double dip in the joy sauce! I’m all for digital, just makes things easier…

2 Likes

Welcome back!!!

1 Like

Yeah, we use Aramax and PAXI both for my wife’s business and pleasantly surprised with the quality of delivery and they service recieved. 10/10 would recommend.

1 Like

OK folks. The command-line Rust app I wrote to do this last year is configured, checked, locked & loaded.

The participants’ list must be finalised at noon tomorrow (2021-11-07T10:00:00Z).

If you still want to join Secret Santa, now’s your chance!

If you wish to accept ebooks in addition to Steam / digital games this year, please sound off below.

Status as of 22:45 on Saturday, 6 November:

Count Santa Games (digital) Ebooks
1. @MalicE Yes No
2. @Nimatek Yes No
3. @Wyvern Yes Yes
4. @SIGSTART Yes Yes
5. @GregRedd Yes No
6. @TechThief Yes No
7. @z1oc Yes Yes
8. @1nF4m0u5 Yes No
9. @DarthMol Yes Yes
10. @Murph Yes No
11. @Konck Yes No
12. @Beo Yes No
13. @Ani Yes Yes
14. @FarligOpptreden Yes No
15. @Donisia No No
7 Likes

Books for me as well please

1 Like

TIME IS UP!
ALL ENTRIES ARE NOW FINAL!

Push da button, @SIGSTART :blue_heart::gift::rocket:

4 Likes

so-it-begins-raining

4 Likes

Muahahahaha! I have received the details of my unsuspecting victim giftee and I am thoroughly looking forward to figuring out a gift for them. The hard part is that apparently they aren’t allowed to know who their Santa was, even after receiving the gift!

2 Likes

Just be thankful it’s not physical gifts… I miss my glitter…

2 Likes

For digital recipients, please make sure your Steam profile and your Wishlist are set to Public in case you are not Steam friends with your Secret Santa. And have at least a handful or two games on your Wishlist to give your Santa something to work with.

For Santa’s looking to maximise their shopping on Steam:

Steam Autumn Sale (probably) 24 November - 30 November.
Steam Winter Sale (probably) 22 December - 05 January.

If you are buying from Steam for your recipient, the best way is to find the game/s you want to give, work out exactly what they cost and then send @Wyvern a Digital Gift Card for that amount, together with the list of games to get. Add them to your cart, printscreen that order, and send that to Wyvern would work.

Buy Digital Steam Gift Cards here:

(The second one down allows you to buy a Gift Card for a specific custom value.)

Otherwise, if you shop for Steam games on third party sites like Humble, Fanatical, or G2A DON’T do the “Send a Gift Key Link” thing because that tells the person following the link your name/email address. Rather find the option to “Reveal Key” and send that to Wyvern to pass onto your recipient.

3 Likes

Oh, and those that have indicated they’d be happy to accept ebooks - can you give your Santa an idea of the books you’d like? I have no idea how best you can do that though…? Are we all going to have to setup Goodreads profiles and wishlists now too? :smiley:

2 Likes