MEW Streamers & Content Creators (Twitch, YouTube, FB Gaming)

Such slick designs

3 Likes

Says he is only prepared to do this for karmic pay-it-forward points, especially because it’ll have to be done on his leisure schedule. Drop me a PM with your notes and I’ll make sure he sees them. :grinning:

3 Likes

:joy: I couldn’t resist. Saw your Discord note about gifs on Twitch - didn’t even think about that. I have the original at 512x512 which you can use for your !rk command as an onscreen overlay, but let me redo it for the emote.

Will re-save it with the RK upside down as a png a little later this afternoon. Will allow me to make the letters a little bigger now that I don’t have to worry about the space needed for the spinning. Will send you links to download the large animation and the revised emote icons so you can have them on your machine and use them directly.

2 Likes

I am famous! Got my first copyright strike!

Basically, the standard camera angles in a replay of a race, means that it looks too similar to one of their own e-races! Hilarious! I should protest!

This does bring forth another problem though. An entire 1:45:15 video is now not eligible for monetization, but the infringement starts at 1:39:09. And lasts for 22 seconds. They need to figure out to block just that segment, and not the whole thing!

I dont care, yet, but when I get proper famous one day I would hate for that to happen!

UPDATE: I filed a protest, hoping sanity will prevail. But they really make you feel like you are immediately in the wrong. Signing the dispute with acknowledging that your account may be closed if this is a fraudulent dispute. I dont have much to lose, so I will just do it.

5 Likes

Haha! Congrats, @oltman :grin:.

To nitpick a little… I believe this is “just” a Content ID match and not a full Copyright Strike. A strike would change that green check mark by “Channel impact” into something scarier.

I say “just” because, as you mention, a whole hour long video becomes ineligible for monetisation because of 22 seconds of alleged infringement. It’s nonsense!

2 Likes

Yup it’s just a copy right claim. Does not count as a strike. It should give you the option to remove just that section, if you click on select action you’ll see the option.

3 Likes

This is what happens when we let computer algorithms make decisions for humans. Skynet.

22 seconds at the end of a video of in-game play that you post in 2019 are claimed as content from Codemasters game that belongs to F1 that was broadcast in 2020? What a farce.

Not only would I be protesting it, I’d be publicly asking Codemasters and F1 how they feel about having legitimate content blocked by stupid automated systems.

2 Likes

Yeah, you are right. Not a black mark against my name. So I guess the fame (or infamy) I was after still eludes me…

1 Like

Start uploading Covid conspiracy videos and lots of false info and you’ll soon be removed from YouTube :grin:

3 Likes

“Computer Games Cause Corona - Here’s The Shocking Truth About How Big Gaming Funded And Orchestrated The COVID-19 Pandemic To Get People To Stay At Home And Buy More Games!!”

4 Likes

Link please!

3 Likes

@Entity - you need to update your Twitch link on your Twitter and Instagram profiles…

3 Likes

Hey DannyK follows entity.

2 Likes

Thanks. :+1:

2 Likes

Well, they released the copyright claim.

5 Likes

Going live for my RaceFace race… face… race…

4 Likes

Whether you like him or not, he makes waves.

4 Likes

yea i think he had around 500k quite hectic most wanted to find out about the ban im sure lol

3 Likes

He broke youtube. During his intro youtube started buffering and glitching for everyone but understandable because of the 500k. It got resolved quickly though. Someone at YouTube must have been…

tenor (6)

Function(add,moar,power!);

3 Likes

Can’t see the video

1 Like