MEW video stream meetup

Saturday night was another epic stream which was only interrupted by the SpaceX / NASA Crew Dragon launch.

Thank you to @Entity, @z1oc, @GregRedd, @czc, @Wyvern, and everyone else who stopped by but didn’t sound off in chat and/or raided @Entity’s stream afterward.

Tonight I’ll be streaming Batman again. Come and see before I trim my beard for a Zoom panel discussion thing I’ll be doing tomorrow.

2 Likes

I already had to shave for meetings. :frowning: Having an unruly beard was fun while it lasted.

2 Likes

The stream is live. I am trying to hack something together with a GoPro and WiFi. It might not work at all, but I figure I’ll give people a chance to tune in before starting up the game.

If the GoPro hack does work, it’ll be worth it for everyone!

2 Likes

Looking good but for some reason on my phone it wont go above 480p.

1 Like

i was so tired yesterday i kinda passed out so could not watch more Fap man I mean BAT MAN.

2 Likes

I dub the stream on Wednesday a resounding success. Not only did I get to hack something together in OBS to make old GoPro to do something it probably wasn’t designed to do, we also got to listen to old modem sounds together.

No-one guessed that “Connected” by Stereo MC’s was the song used the MWEB Big Black Box ad from the mid 90s, so no old people points awarded. Sadly I can’t prove that the song was used in an MWEB ad, because it’s not on YouTube :cry:.

@oltman: Thanks for watching! Strange that the quality got stuck… I was definitely streaming at my usual 1080p60. I wonder if it’s some kind of restriction from your ISP?

@z1oc: Sleep is important for studying. Thank you for spending some of your precious break time checking in on the stream and hanging out in chat.

A big thanks to @Wyvern and @GregRedd for being in chat too, and for helping Ani and me keep an eye on how cute Sydney was being :dog:.

(That was the purpose of my GoPro hack… I now have a wireless doggo cam :grin:)

Oh, and Batman was kinda fun too.

3 Likes

Good evening, MEWings.

There was a bit of a scheduling wrench this weekend, but I am finally able to play some games, so I figured it could be fun to stream it while I’m at it.

The stream is live and I’ll start at 21:45. Gave me some time to position the doggo cam :grinning: :dog:

2 Likes

Doubt it. I tried all other streams and they were fine, and even your other streams were fine. I guess my phone was just lazy as my PC streams everything at max.

Either way, the problem has gone away. Digital can be so absolute, on or off, but then there are so many variables that it is more analogue than ever before.

2 Likes

Thanks to @Wyvern, @murfle, @z1oc, and @Entity for joining the late night video stream meetup on Saturday :grin:. It was excellent fun. Thanks for the raid, @Entity!

Tonight’s stream is up. Time to Batman!

2 Likes

Next stream: 2020-06-13T18:00:00Z2020-06-13T21:00:00Z

Thank you to @Entity, @z1oc, @murfle, @GregRedd, and all the lurkers for keeping my safe from The Riddler’s creepy ladybug.

Next stream is set for tonight. Today I’m going to see about implementing follower notifications and whatnot.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading about the Twitch “This embed is misconfigured” issue
And, in addition to the info on the “go to documentation” link, found these Twitch Dev Forum posts:

Which indicate that a change was made to the requirements for embed codes that was implement 10 June, which seems to fit with the errors starting to appear. It’s all well above my pay grade mumbo jumbo stuff, but I think either you need to made a change to the embed code directly, or Discourse needs an update?

If it is on something that has to be done on your end and you’re forced to go play around with embed codes, could you also have a look at the Mixer embed code while you’re there? :smiley: If it helps any, here’s a sample iframe embed code for my Mixer channel:

<iframe title="GrizzledGeek's player frame" i18n-title="channel#ShareDialog:playerEmbedFrame|Embed player Frame copied from share dialog" allowfullscreen="true" src="https://mixer.com/embed/player/GrizzledGeek?disableLowLatency=1" width="620" height="349"> </iframe>
3 Likes

The stream is live. I am in Discord and messing around with Stream Elements for another 10 minutes before kicking things off.

There has also been a change of plan… A new patch has dropped for Warframe and I want to farm the new Warframe that’s released with it. She’s called Protea! :south_africa:

(I’ll update Discourse this weekend to hopefully fix these embeds.)

4 Likes

Thanks for the raid, I think I was on my BRB screen, only saw it when I got back.

3 Likes

Only a pleasure! I may have also messed it up on my end. I only clicked Raid after I stopped my stream :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Surprise unscheduled stream! Going to try and play some Torchlight III. Don’t want to cross-post too much, so here’s the link to my post in the Torchlight III topic:

3 Likes

We’ve had a few great stream meetups in the past few days. I streamed some Warframe on Saturday because a new patch had dropped, and when Torchlight III became playable, I thought it would be fun to stream my gameplay so we could see what all the fuss was about.

Thanks to @murfle, @Entity, @Wyvern, and @z1oc for giving me uphill in chat :grin:.

There were a lot of people lurking in chat yesterday. Thank you! I saw you, but I’m assuming you wanted to fly under the radar.

The next stream is set for tonight. I haven’t decided what to play yet. Maybe Torchlight for another few hours before I switch back to Batman? I’ll have dinner first and then decide with a nourished brain :rofl:.

4 Likes

The stream is live. Batman it shall be!

Link (since Discourse hasn’t fixed embeds yet): https://twitch.tv/sigstart

3 Likes

Damn, I forgot again. I keep losing track of what day it is and especially with the public holiday totally messed me and the fact you streamed Tuesday. I’ll try remember for next time.

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who was lurking in the stream last night! Batman really eats my concentration, and there are a lot of voice overs and stuff so I end up not talking a lot, but I’m sure I’ll get better.

No worries. The public holiday was weird this year — smack in the middle of the week. I think I’m going to be pausing scheduled weekday streams for now anyway. It’s just too stressful with the weird working hours we keep.

I’ll do a stream this Saturday, but we’re hitting the road for work for a week so I won’t be able to host the MEW video stream next weekend.

Next stream: 2020-06-20T18:00:00Z2020-06-20T21:00:00Z

3 Likes

The stream is live!

Here’s a link since Discourse hasn’t fixed the embed yet: https://twitch.tv/sigstart

1 Like