MEW video stream meetup

Most Epic Digital Meetup/Hangout (during lockdown)

Continuing the discussion from here:

My test of Vodacom’s 5G network is finished for now, but I thought it would be fun to continue a regular stream in the evenings.

Folks are meeting with friend and family over Zoom and whatnot… Gaming communities like us already have all the perfect tools in place for a digital meetup like Discord and Twitch.

Starting at 18h00 or 19h00 seems like it’s too early and will compete with people’s dinner times. So let’s set a tentative time for 20h00 to 21h00 every night for the rest of the week.

I don’t want to cause a scheduling conflict with whatever else is happening… If there’s a race or a MEWME happening, please let me know? I looked at the calendar, but didn’t see anything specifically scheduled for today.

It also doesn’t have to be just me that’s streaming gameplay. If you feel like having a crack at hosting a stream, please let me know.

4 Likes

Discourse doesn’t really do “original posts” well when threads topics get to a reasonable length, but just in case the OP becomes relevant one day, I thought it would be best to split some details off in a second post…

Next stream: 2020-05-13T18:00:00Z2020-05-13T19:00:00Z

I was thinking of doing a blind play-through of Bright Memory. Would anyone else be interested in that, or should I rather continue playing Hellblade? Or if you have another idea, please feel free to suggest it.

• Bright Memory
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

0 voters

Update: Secret Option C: Stream MEWME

3 Likes

We’ve got a MEWME planned for tonight around 20h00ish.

Join us!

4 Likes

And stream that instead :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent, let’s do that! I’ll do a stream of Hellblade or Bright Memory another night.

3 Likes

AS long as you don’t need to see my face I am in :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The stream is live on YouTube and Twitch.

2 Likes

Aw man, watching the stream, this looks awesome!

3 Likes

As per the suggestions, last night’s stream was a marriage of the nightly meetup and MEWME.

Thanks to everyone who watched the stream and/or joined in for a few rounds of Skibbl.io last night. It was awesome.

I’ve scheduled another stream for tonight. Please let me know if there’s a conflict with something else happening on the forum.

We tested Restream.io last night and even though it doesn’t have a South African ingest server, it seemed to work well enough. I’ve signed up for a Mixer account, and await a streaming key from Microsoft.

Let me know what your opinions are of Twitch vs. YouTube, and whether you experience any trouble viewing the stream(s) on either of the platforms.

Next stream: 2020-05-14T18:00:00Z2020-05-14T19:00:00Z

I was thinking of doing a blind play-through of Bright Memory. Would anyone else be interested in that, or should I rather continue playing Hellblade? Or if you have another idea, please feel free to suggest it. (Sorry if you already voted in yesterday’s poll. The decision to stream MEWME overtook my original plan.)

• Bright Memory
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

0 voters

2 Likes

I don’t mind what platform you are on, and I don’t know Bright Memory so show it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also don’t mind just lemme know when you live and I’ll pop on and watch

3 Likes

The stream is live on YouTube and Twitch.

3 Likes

compared to…

Twitch video stats from before you killed the camera and Chrome: no idea how to read them?.

And after…

Still getting some serious aritifacting, but no stutters though:

These stats using the Alternate Player for Twitch.tv extension. Again, no idea if they’re of any use:

4 Likes

Youtube has a lot artifacting and Twitch is not working for me at all.

3 Likes

weird, try again? he reloaded ti all

2 Likes

Yeah Twitch plays like one second and then it starts loading and nothing happens, does the same with other streams.

Youtube plays fine but every couple of seconds there are lots of artefacts. Tried some other live streams and they play without issues.

Did a speedtest and my line seems fine (100/100)

2 Likes

3 Likes

This plays fine but the live stuff not. Weird

2 Likes

You should try dropping your video output in OBS from 1080p to 720p on your next stream - won’t look as crisp, but should reduce the frame drops and artifacts and make the stream more accessible on SA devices with crappy connections. At least until you get transcoding options for your viewers so that we can adjust the resolution we’re able to handle ourselves.

3 Likes

I also checked out both the youtube and twitch streams separately, and the artifacting made it really hard to watch.

3 Likes