MEW video stream meetup

And stream that instead :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent, let’s do that! I’ll do a stream of Hellblade or Bright Memory another night.

3 Likes

AS long as you don’t need to see my face I am in :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The stream is live on YouTube and Twitch.

2 Likes

Aw man, watching the stream, this looks awesome!

3 Likes

As per the suggestions, last night’s stream was a marriage of the nightly meetup and MEWME.

Thanks to everyone who watched the stream and/or joined in for a few rounds of Skibbl.io last night. It was awesome.

I’ve scheduled another stream for tonight. Please let me know if there’s a conflict with something else happening on the forum.

We tested Restream.io last night and even though it doesn’t have a South African ingest server, it seemed to work well enough. I’ve signed up for a Mixer account, and await a streaming key from Microsoft.

Let me know what your opinions are of Twitch vs. YouTube, and whether you experience any trouble viewing the stream(s) on either of the platforms.

Next stream: 2020-05-14T18:00:00Z2020-05-14T19:00:00Z

I was thinking of doing a blind play-through of Bright Memory. Would anyone else be interested in that, or should I rather continue playing Hellblade? Or if you have another idea, please feel free to suggest it. (Sorry if you already voted in yesterday’s poll. The decision to stream MEWME overtook my original plan.)

• Bright Memory
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

0 voters

2 Likes

I don’t mind what platform you are on, and I don’t know Bright Memory so show it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also don’t mind just lemme know when you live and I’ll pop on and watch

3 Likes

The stream is live on YouTube and Twitch.

3 Likes

compared to…

Twitch video stats from before you killed the camera and Chrome: no idea how to read them?.

And after…

Still getting some serious aritifacting, but no stutters though:

These stats using the Alternate Player for Twitch.tv extension. Again, no idea if they’re of any use:

4 Likes

Youtube has a lot artifacting and Twitch is not working for me at all.

3 Likes

weird, try again? he reloaded ti all

2 Likes

Yeah Twitch plays like one second and then it starts loading and nothing happens, does the same with other streams.

Youtube plays fine but every couple of seconds there are lots of artefacts. Tried some other live streams and they play without issues.

Did a speedtest and my line seems fine (100/100)

2 Likes

3 Likes

This plays fine but the live stuff not. Weird

2 Likes

You should try dropping your video output in OBS from 1080p to 720p on your next stream - won’t look as crisp, but should reduce the frame drops and artifacts and make the stream more accessible on SA devices with crappy connections. At least until you get transcoding options for your viewers so that we can adjust the resolution we’re able to handle ourselves.

3 Likes

I also checked out both the youtube and twitch streams separately, and the artifacting made it really hard to watch.

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who watched the stream and hung out in the chat or on Discord.

Bright Memory turned out to be incredibly fun, even if the stream video quality last night was a bit of a mess. Not sure what caused the artifacting, but I’ll fire up OBS a bit earlier tonight to try and pick up any issues earlier and fix it.

Oh yes, I’ve scheduled another stream for tonight. Please let me know if there’s a conflict with something else happening on the forum.

Next stream: 2020-05-15T18:00:00Z2020-05-15T19:00:00Z

I got my Mixer key yesterday and have set up Restream to connect to it as well. Let’s see what happens.

There also seems to be an issue where my audio from Discord is being routed to OBS via my microphone input. Tried a bunch of stuff last night to fix it, but either Windows or my headphones don’t want to play ball. I’ll try to isolate my headphones tonight to see if they are what is causing the problem.

In the meantime I’ve made it so that Discord doesn’t route its audio to the Desktop Audio device. That should fix the slight echo from the previous streams.

Since the current GameClub title is Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, I thought it would be cool to continue my playthrough of that tonight.

Unless there is something else y’all wanted to check out? Let me know.

2 Likes

Senua is good, otherwise play what you feel like, what is fun for you… even Warframe :slight_smile: See everyone there at 8.

2 Likes

The stream is live on Twitch and Mixer. Sorry about YouTube, folks… Looks like there’s an issue between Restream and YouTube tonight.

https://mixer.com/SIGSTART