MEWRL - F1 22

LOL!!!

3 Likes

Fixed for you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fixed it for you. Spelling matters. Not that I can.

2 Likes

I can like to afrikaans but only in my spare time

3 Likes

Just shows, I donā€™t Afrikaans much anymore
Blerry corporate world

2 Likes

* blerrie

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Fixed that for you :wink: We love our double negativesā€¦

2 Likes

Prepares to type the worst grammar imaginable for the next week

5 Likes

And your double speak. Ja nee.

2 Likes

Yes no look young.

2 Likes

For the bonus point, do we use the car on realistic performance?

Tagging @WarRack101 in case heā€™d like to take part.

3 Likes

Good question! I actually did not know there was an option for Time Trials! Lemme check!

A few minutes laterā€¦

YES! The Bonus car needs to be on Realistic Performance. Maybe we should do it all on realistic?

3 Likes

Dear all, please see the small rule ammendment :wink:

4 Likes

Let me kick things off by setting a low bar

Damn this game drives so much different than previous F1 titles and im not getting used to it.

3 Likes

Hammer: Let me kick things off by setting a low bar.
Proceeds to set a sub 1:32 time in a mid-field car.

Me: am over 2 seconds slower in the championship winning car.

:slightly_frowning_face:

Same. Iā€™m really struggling to find a decent balance for the wheel settings and am losing huge amounts of time especially in the slow, tight corners.

T1 and T10 I really struggle with understeering - Iā€™m crossing my hands trying to turn in sharply enough and still run wide. T8 is a little faster on the entry but I still have to turn the wheel too far to be comfortable and fast, and typically land up oversteering it and spinning out.

Spent an hour last night fiddling with wheel ratios, steering linearity, steering sensitivity settings and eventually just gave up. Any wheel setting suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I canā€™t get ERS to work? Is that a Time Trial thing, or did I miss a setting somewhere?

Does ā€œcopy rival setupā€ do anything if weā€™re using Realistic Performance?

And lastly, for some weird reason I only have @oltman and @DarthMol listed as friends. This despite doing the Racenet login thing. Found @DieGrootHammer and sent you a friend request, but couldnā€™t find any others offhand. Please drop your in-game name here or find me on my usual name and send a request. I want to see all your times on the Friends Leaderboards so I can be even more sad.

1 Like

It could be a steering ratio thing. F1 cars work on a 360 degree rotation so it may be worth setting your wheel to 360 in the Logitech settings. Also, from my experience with racing games Iā€™ve found that when you find yourself understeering despite being at full lock it is down to corner entry still being too fast. It feels counter-intuitive as you donā€™t want to be even slower but the reality is the slower the entry, the quicker you can rotate and the sooner you can get back on the power. Your delta will go red on entry but youā€™ll find yourself in the green coming out of the corner.

The other thing is to make sure youā€™re not still on the brakes while youā€™re turning. Brake first, then smoothly come off the brake while you coast to turn. This maximises the grip for turning. If youā€™re still braking you have less grip for turning.

4 Likes

My submission a 1:30:560

6 Likes

I have left the wheel on the default 900Ā° in the GHub settings, but have set it on 360Ā° in the in-game settings. Does the game override the hub setting, or do they need to match?

2 Likes

Easy way to check is turn your wheel 90 degrees to the side and see if your driver does the same.

Also, here is my submission :wink: Time for the Astonā€¦

2 Likes

Gonna give it a whirl on Xbox now. Not sure how many of yā€™all I got as friends.

3 Likes