MEWRL - F1 22

Set the bar even lower :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

No idea how you got the Groen Gevaar around there so quick. I am 2 seconds slower in the AMR than the Ferrari! I will download your lap and setup :wink:

1 Like

I’ve managed to get the game working with my wheel and pedals and I now see what your problem was. I noticed my wheel rotation did not match the in-game steering rotation. Change your saturation to 80 and you should have 1 to 1 rotation for your wheel.

3 Likes

Shew, it’s a really different mindset with these F1 cars compared to the GT3’s. Their so finicky, the amount of times I’d just touch the accelerator and the car would start doing doughnuts.

Anyways here’s my AMR time… for now. Will carry on trying to improve it.

4 Likes

This is your benchmark, folks! Max’s pole qualy time!

3 Likes

My argument is, I’m in a pleb car.

3 Likes

Shall give it a try, thanks for the suggestion.

Think I figured out the issue with me missing all My Friends - I’m playing directly through the EA App on my original GregRedd EA account. I can’t see those playing via the Xbox app because I can’t link my EA and Xbox accounts. When I originally tried it created an entirely new account for me (GregReddXB or something) and I’ve never be able to link to the correct account. Now it tells me that "a platform account can only ever be linked to one EA account in it’s lifetime. It’s dumb.

2 Likes

I saw a friend invite in-game from @the9avenger9 which I accepted, I also sent out invites to those I could remember from the top of my head to @oltman (I saw two profiles so went for the most recent, and also @GregRedd.

2 Likes

Best i can do for now with the Red Bull to try and match Verstappen today. At least i would’ve been close. Plus it would’ve been pole last year, so I take it as a win.

4 Likes

Look at that, potential F1 champion in the making :stuck_out_tongue:

Remind me again, so we have until the end of race day or until the start of next race weekend?

2 Likes

I understood it to be until FP1 of the next race.

But, in hindsight now, I think we should actually do it the other way. And leave it open until the start of the race, so we can use a few hours on the Saturday and Sunday maybe.

What say you Race Director @Oltman? After today, we’re all going to be looking forward to the next race (Saudi Arabia?) and Bahrain will be history. Let’s use this Bahrain one as a test and, from after the race today, start the Time Trials for the next race on the calendar.

3 Likes

I am happy with race day, actually. For all other races, you have until lights out to post your times.

For Bahrain I will make an exception as we started this a bit late. So Bahrain and Saudi end at the same time, lights out at Saudi race.

Rules updated accordingly :grinning:

4 Likes

I will try some more through the week but I even struggled to get this. The margin for error is very small, the amount of invalid laps I put in simply for touching the outer curbs.

1 Like

I see that many times are logged without the realistic performance option selected.

When choosing your car manufacturer, you need to choose “Realistic Performance” before clicking on the marque you want to drive. This is reflected in the timing sheets as well.

HOWEVER, for the overall best time this is not as important as the Bonus Point Car. The BPC absolutely needs to be realistic as that is part of the fun! The 22 Aston is clearly much slower than the 23 Aston. And if it is on balanced mode it means the overall best time can be set with the BPC and will always get the bonus points.

(rules adjusted again :wink: we will get there eventually)

The green logo means the performance is balanced, which makes it more fun for online racing where there are only 2 Red Bulls available to choose.

This shows realistic performance, where the cars are not balanced and more reflective of their real performance.

3 Likes

:checkered_flag: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! :checkered_flag:

The Bonus Point Car for the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix is…

:drum:

McLaren

I Googled to see which car has the most Saudi oil money. Turns out it is Aston Martin with their big ARAMCO deal. I do not want an Aston again, not yet…

But historically, McLaren accepted a huge Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund injection in 2021. Lets see if that money is paying dividends (SPOILER: it does not… not even a little bit…)

You have until 19 March to set both your Bahrain and Saudi GP times.

3 Likes

I trust you have a Notion board set up for all this :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Something like this:

@Beo Your Aston time needs to be Realistic Performance please :wink:

3 Likes

Sorry, I interpreted that the wrong way around. Thanks for explaining earlier.

2 Likes

Probably the best I’m gonna do. I feel handicapped by the controller.

3 Likes

This track is slapping me six love.

2 Likes