Microsoft Flight Simulator ✈

Wow that’s beautiful.

2 Likes

I see there is a new Game Ready driver for Nvidia. Does anyone know what time the game will unlock for us legitimately? I’m just curious.

I don’t like the way the Xbox app gives you a “Play” option, only to pretend it’s going to run something and then tell you that you’re too early.

I thought it was from midnight last night already. According to this…

…it should have been at 22:00 UTC, which is midnight.

(I must be honest I could be wrong because I never changed from Kiribati, but I’m sure I saw @Deadlypinecone and @DieGrootHammer listed as online when I shut off at about 00:30 this morning - presumably doing the downloads overnight?)

1 Like

That’s what I thought too, but apparently not for me.

I used your location trick to get a headstart on the download. It didn’t finish over night. Got around 10gigs left to do still.

I haven’t tried a flight sim since I was gifted a copy of 98.

1 Like

Agh my game pass expired. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

That might be the problem :rofl:

1 Like

So, this game is unbelievable! Absolutely stunning! And plays perfect with a controller. I’ll get some screenshots and post here. My first flight was a bit of a flop, but damn was it fun

2 Likes

Perfect description. Just with a lot more buttons and controls and a much better view from the “drivers” seat. It’s Global Plane Simulator.

2 Likes

Everyone’s is :smiley:

I managed 2 flights yesterday (and one in between that I somehow managed to land without putting the gears down, in the middle of nowhere. Didn’t “land” on a runway so it’s logged the flight as incomplete, but it’s not a crash!) Also only used the controller and had Easy level assists turned on and managed okay.

First was with the little Diamond (D40??) from Joburg Int to Mala Mala in perfect midday clear conditions. Second was with the Cessna Citation from Rand to Kruger-Mpu Int at sunset and cloudy. Messed up both landings horribly but managed to get the planes stopped and still upright. No one died, but there’s going to be some serious virtual whiplash tomorrow… :smiley: The KMIA landing was in complete darkness, but still only logged as a daylight landing :frowning: The glide slope landing guides that come up (I assume as one of the Easy mode assists?) are a huge help in landing in the dark.

If there’s time after AC tonight, I want to try one of the bush planes and do a Kruger Park flight - something like Skukuza to Hoedspruit maybe - to see if I can find some animals.

At Mala Mala airstrip:

Over Hazyview (?) on the approach to KMIA:

Still need to work out how multiplayer works but will keep an eye out for other MEW pilots along the way.

4 Likes

OH MY WORD!!! This game is unbelievable! Like I’ve had so much fun today trying it out. Flying with a controller is just perfect, don’t feel like it’s a major disadvantage at all.

So I’ve done a few sight seeing flights as well, just to get some screenshots of my own. Although I seem to not know how to do screenshots within the game, but I’ll sort that out.

My second attempt at flying from OR Tambo to Kruger Park Intl. Went smoothly, but the landing was a lot more successful, but still nowhere near great.

Landing a seaplane off the coast of Mauritius. Wish I was there right now.

Quick test of my machine’s capability to run this game by doing a quick fly-by of LAX

So this is what Bing Maps and Asobo’s fancy AI think I lived when I lived in Cape Town. At least the swimming pool is accurate, but still very well done.

All in all, I’ve been loving the game

5 Likes

I am pretty sad that I won’t really get a chance to try this out tonight due to loadshedding.

All these screenshots look amazing!

1 Like

3 Likes

That looks like Century City, or more closely, Intaka Island.

Love reading the stories and getting too see some of ya’lls experiences and screenshots. I look forward to this when it comes to console. Nice to hear the good results on controller usage and playability.

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

:man_facepalming:t2:Proof that AI still has a lot to learn, and our species is still safe. At least at the moment. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Unless the machines revolt and decide to take up landscaping…

I saw two replies on reddit. One saying it thought the water was snow/ice and made it MAX_HEIGHT, but the other one seemed more legit, saying the data for the landscape is from satellites, and the data collection has trouble with some bodies of water.

2 Likes

So, my Warthog flight stick arrived today. It’s a thing of absolute beauty! Rock solid build and quite heavy. I’m going to renew my Game Pass sub and give it a whirl…

1 Like

A like watching these Quick Look videos from Giant Bomb, they give a good representation of what the game is over what a review offers.

On another note, has anyone experienced muddy textures or stitching (you know, those image join lines that you sometimes see on satellite imagery)?

1 Like