Microsoft Flight Simulator ✈

Unfortunately it’s not app specific, so you’d have to toggle it to Background Services to play and back to Programs afterwards.

Another potential fix mentioned was this:

So, what I did was:

1. run DDU in safemode, install latest Driver without GForce Experience (not sure if it makes a massive difference, I just went without)
  2. Update to latest Windows 2004 version (I also hate how MS are using Windows Updates, that’s why I was still on 1903)
  3. Turn off Windows GameMode and activate Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling
  4. Right Click MSFS.exe - Compatibilty - Disable Fullscreen Optimisation
  5. Still in the Settings of the .exe click on “Change DPI something or other” and check “High DPI scaling blablabla” on and choose Application

I haven’t had a chance to test either yet.

Makes a huge difference if you have multiple monitors, but be aware that you lose plane and flight control while you’re busy clicking on the windows and tools on your 2nd monitor.

That, and a good few more useful tips in these two articles:

Of course, how daft of me not to think of that :man_facepalming: Thanks! Will try this one first - seems a little more straight forward that the second. But the second might be a more permanent solution.

That’s just the thing - I don’t! I’ve got the Thrustmaster Warthog flight stick plugged in and can still adjust trim or fling the plane around while focused on one of the popped out windows. Obviously keyboard controls defocus from the game, but seems like the flight stick stays inside the game. I’d assume the same goes for a throttle, if I had one…

1 Like

“Hey man!! I’m flying here!!”

2 Likes

Have any of you tried multiplayer?

Not me, not yet.

1 Like

It won’t be long before you see giant bananas flying around and being to ride SpongeBob or Patrick.

2 Likes

Or even…

2 Likes

How long before someone mods the twin towers into New York?

2 Likes

dont be giving people ideas

2 Likes

Its inevitable :slight_smile:

I also saw there’s a bit of a trend of people crashing into their friend’s houses

1 Like

The internet can be a wonderful place.

3 Likes

Urgh I setup a lekker flight from JHB to Livingstone, but then about 20 minutes into the cruise the game crashed. Urgh

1 Like

A quick flight over New Zealand’s south island:

The cloud and weather tech in this game is astounding:

4 Likes

Majestic.

I remember when FS2002 was due to release, they actually removed the towers.
There is also this ad:

1 Like

Been having more and more crashes lately. Luckily I had a successful flight from JHB to Livingstone, after doing a bit of a fly over of the Victoria Falls. The game is so utterly gorgeous.

Also I have a new favorite plane. I did the flight with the TBM 900, and boy what a great plane!!

I also “crash” when descending too quick, but long before I hit the ground. Apparently I over stress the plane. :blush:

Did a flight this morning from Grand Central to Pilanesberg, which was successful. After that started a flight in eastern Washington State to the Cascades. It’s a gorgeous mountain range! Didn’t complete the flight yet, but saved it in order to complete later.

2 Likes