Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

THIS IS HUGE NEWS!!

it is incredibly exciting to announce that Microsoft has agreed to acquire Activision Blizzard.
Phil Spencer, CEO, Microsoft Gaming

5 Likes

Checking the date… Oh, not 1 April???

4 Likes

This was my exact reaction when I saw that topic.

3 Likes

Question: I do not see Bobby Kotick in that organogram… where did he go?

J/K I dont care!

3 Likes

Wait, what?

3 Likes

A sphincter says what?

3 Likes

I guess they got it at a discount under the circumstances. I do wonder what happens to the legal challenges against the company though.

Note that it also includes King Games, the Candy Crush and other mobile game developers. They pulled in $2.1-billion in revenues in 2020, so while COD and WarCraft may be the attention grabbers for us, there’s a tidy little money churner in King Games too.

2 Likes

OK, another weird question…

This graphic shows He/Him or She/Her for everyone. Is this necessary if there is nobody with a They/Them? I do not mean this in a derogatory way at all, I am genuinely curious.

I have been watching Billions and Taylor Mason and the actor playing them do not associate with binary genders, and it took some getting used to. But does this apply if there are no non-binary gender people on the list? Or is it just me being too old school?

3 Likes

Yeah it’s really stupid. A lot of my American friends also seem to show on their profiles whether they are he/him etc. Must be an American thing or I’m old.

2 Likes

Guys, can I just say, Diablo IV at launch on Game Pass!

Also I really wanted to play Diablo II when that remaster came out and now I finally can!

2 Likes

Or too pretentious?

haha nah I’m with you on that front, I just ignore all that bollocks cos that’s what it is. He, she, them, they, it, fuckit…

2 Likes

YES BABY!!!

2 Likes

According to that article, this was a MASSIVE sale. Like WOW!!!

3 Likes

Again, after watching Billions, I can see Satya exposing the bad press, getting the price down and then turning Activision Blizzard into a toxic stock. Then swooping in to buy for a steal… Its what Bobby Axelrod would do…

3 Likes

I think it’s done (primarily by Americans you’re right) as an acknowledgement of the growing impact and importance the LGBTQ community has on culture, entertainment, and society in general. That they feel the need to put their preferred pronouns on an organisational chart is a bit of stretch though.

I’m more impressed by the fact that there’s more She/Hers than He/Hims on that team, to be honest.

3 Likes

It’s a thing all over, I’ve even seen macDonald’s employees name tags with their pronouns on it otherwise their feelings get hurt when you get it wrong.

2 Likes

Jason Schreier putting a spanner in the party mood…

2 Likes

That’s a good point.

2 Likes

Sadly, according to the Reuters article Hammer linked…

Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard.

:-1:

1 Like

Gonna preface this with the fact that I did no read the article only the headlines, since I have the attention span of a potato when it comes to these types of things.

This could be good I guess, let’s hope there will be less touching up employees and more good games, also getting more games on game pass is always nice, especially since I am never paying 1k for a CoD game.

However there is always this feeling in my stomach, that big companies shouldn’t buy out other big companies, feels wrong, feels like their just taking over, not going to be long until I have to migrate my blizzard account to a microsoft account now, sigh…

1 Like