Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

I’m seeing a pattern here… :laughing:

1 Like

That said, The Verge posted a very specific and carefully worded quote from Phil Spencer…

“As a company, Microsoft is committed to our journey for inclusion in every aspect of gaming, among both employees and players,” says Spencer. “We deeply value individual studio cultures. We also believe that creative success and autonomy go hand-in-hand with treating every person with dignity and respect. We hold all teams, and all leaders, to this commitment. We’re looking forward to extending our culture of proactive inclusion to the great teams across Activision Blizzard.”

Microsoft doesn’t detail exactly how it will approach solving these issues, and the company says Bobby Kotick will continue to serve as CEO of Activision Blizzard for now. It looks like Kotick won’t remain once the deal is fully closed and after the transition period to Microsoft, though. Spencer, formerly head of gaming at Microsoft, is now CEO of Microsoft Gaming, and the company says the Activision Blizzard business will report directly to Spencer.

Either way, unless he is terminated for cause, Kotick stands to receive an obscene pay out:

From @Alyx_Jones on Twitter

1 Like

And then a good counterpoint from Jez Corden from Windows Central…

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

:roll_eyes:

There ya go

4 Likes

My potatoes listen intently when I talk to them…

Ah, this actually makes a lot of sense. I feel the He/Him and She/Her is all related to starting the repair process of the macho sexism culture of Activision Blizzard.

Out of context that picture seems overly sensitive. But with recent events it actually makes sense to be ultra sensitive to such topics.

2 Likes

As long as its not Alex Jones… That guy is nuts…

2 Likes

Kotick’s message to the Activision Blizzard staff:

1 Like

Sony owned studios created crash banticoot and spyro and yet microsoft will own the IP now, the irony

4 Likes

The Future of Xbox, keeping in mind that should US regulators approve the deal, it’s still going to take well over a year to finalise the deal.

Both images from @Klobrille

Fortunately, more and more reports are suggesting that Kotick will leave as soon as the deal is completed.

2 Likes

I read that as well. Apparently once the deal concludes, all Activision-Blizzard businesses will report directly to Phil as CEO of Microsoft Gaming.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Pity activision killed of bizarre creations (project gotham racing guys) 10 years ago, imagine forza motorsport 1 year, Forza horizon the year after, project gotham the following year. would have been a trifecta

4 Likes

7 Likes

Oh man, that’s brilliant!!!

Good for pc and Xbox gamers, not so much for play station gamers.

Sony’s value dropped by $20b :no_mouth:

And home to now 34 developers

I like how other company’s value increased as people think they will be acquired next :grin:

1 Like

This most likely will never happen, but it would be freaking great if World of Warcraft came to game pass.

Microsofts motto is all first party internal studio titles go to gamepass day one, so that is most likely whats gonna happen with Wow (actually not a game i care about tbh) they will probably drop the blizzard launcher and let all activision blizzard titles go to steam and the windows store.

Question is what is sony going to do now, they might try to acquire square enix, they seem to have a tight relationship. I Doubt the rumoured MS acquisition of sega or IO interactive is ever gonna happen now, since that would be called a monopoly.

Honestly Embracer group would have been a better acquisition cause they have a shitload more IP’s compared to activision imagine all of those titles in gamepass if that happened.

4 Likes