Microsoft to Acquire Activision Blizzard

Also back in the 90’s Raven made Heretic and Hexen on the doom/quake engines, maybe those titles will come back in the future now

1 Like

When Sega was about to go belly up, after the Dreamcast failed (man, that should never have failed, it was GREAT!) there were rumours already of Microsoft buying SEGA for a few good reasons:

• the Dreamcast and OG XBOX both ran a version of Windows and porting games would have been easy
  • the same goes for the hardware than were very similar in spec
  • XBOX needed a few good 1st party devs, and if it came with recognisable mascots, then even better

This is all good and exciting, and the results will be great games on game pass. But shucks, I would still like a bit of competition in the market to get the prices down.

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Kind of related to the main topic. Potentially serious consequences.

3 Likes

I wonder if MS will do anything to change the Diablo Immortal microtransactions mess?

2 Likes

Diablo… Immoral?

6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

More “regulator soothing noises” from Phil Spencer.

Includes confirmation that:

We intend to make Activision Blizzard’s much-loved library of games – including Overwatch, Diablo and Call of Duty – available in Game Pass and to grow those gaming communities.

4 Likes

I hope we’ll also get the Tony Hawk remake and Diablo 2 Resurrected.

1 Like

Yes please!

1 Like

Yeah I’m looking forward to this to be finalised. The amount of times I’ve almost caved and bought Diablo 3 or even 2.

1 Like

Hmmm…

I think that if this deal doesn’t go through for whatever reason, a Chinese buyer with no concerns over “unfair competition” and “Sony won’t have COD” will swoop in, make the same offer to Activision and snap it up before anyone can blink.

3 Likes

Ooh, pie charts!

3 Likes

if i were MS and this deal goes through, i’ll stick the middle finger to sony, rebrand warzone as call of duty and all the subsequent annual single player releases, release them just as modern warfare or black ops without the COD Suffix, theyll be standalone games without the COD name attached thus sony wont be able to do anything afaik

4 Likes

Xbox boss Phil Spencer publicly promised that the franchise will be available on PlayStation as long as PlayStations exist.

BREAKING: XBOX to buy PLAYSTATION!!!

3 Likes
1 Like

An interesting tidbit in all this chaos:

3 Likes