Most Epic Brute Force Competition 2018

Nice, I’ll have a look at that.

The one thing it doesn’t do search for thread starters, not that I can easily see.

What I tried.

That will help a lot. I can look at the personal post history I think to find threads started. Will have a proper look this coming weekend.

Maybe, once we’ve created our thread we should post a link to it in this thread like we used to do with the Brute force comp.

Nah that’s not necessary. I’ll hopefully code a little scraper this coming Saturday morning. Or something like that. Haven’t investigated it yet.

Solitude is…

4 Likes

Will it help if we add a tag that people can use on their threads to show that a thread is for the competition?

That’s a very good idea but may not be necessary. I’ll check on Saturday and if I don’t come right then we can maybe do that.

Okay no, it’s more difficult than I thought. I would either need database access or I should remove the requirement of 10 unique thread replies.

I’m thinking that @MetalSoup’s idea of tagging your entry for the week is a good one.

What do you guys think?
@Blazzok
@czc
@DarthMol
@DieGrootHammer
@crzwaco
@SIGSTART
@Solitude
@Wyvern

Then just have your weekly created thread with a tag to specify that it’s your brute force entry?

2 Likes

I can give you API access if that will help?

Don’t think direct database access is possible or recommended — security and whatnot. It’s Redis anyway.

2 Likes

There’s an API? Oooo cool yes that may help. Thanks!

1 Like

Here are the docs. Will send you the key via DM.

http://docs.discourse.org/

1 Like

Thanks! Busy reading it now.

Webhooks are also a thing, but I think the API is what you’re after:

2 Likes

Thanks, while going through the API I saw that I can use the search on the API and also make use of the normal Advanced Search on the site. So we are sorted with the original rules. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

So many good reaction GIFs for this situation, but I think I’ll go with The Donald’s expression of excitement:

4 Likes

So all sorted then or tag still?

All sorted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I’ve met the 10 unique thread replies requirement, will have to double check.

1 Like

I just saw that and I was dam I knew I missed something.