Most Epic Game of the Year Discussion Thread

I’m going to be in a lot of meetings today. Will look at this thread properly tomorrow.

1 Like

I would do it, cos that is what we end up playing.

1 Like

Hades came out in 2020. That’s all I could find in my Steam invoices… the rest were older games that were on sale :confused:

I think I owe myself a Watch Dogs, to make up for the lack of new games this year.

2 Likes

Sweet, that means Hades is then the second game of this year that i have played XD

3 Likes

My votes were pretty one sided. I only bought one 2020 game, and that was Persona 5 Royal. I did get a few older ones, but they don’t qualify. I also haven’t read/watched any reviews/etc, so I don’t even know what half those games in the voting are…

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Remember to go and vote for whatever game you want and go comment and like the additional nominations made in each thread. The threads will be up until the end of the week and then I will compile the final lists that will go into final voting.

3 Likes

Please remind us one last time before then so that we can go back to the threads to see if there are any additional/new nominations in the comments to Like.

3 Likes

I shall bump-ity bump this post each day until the last day to ensure everyone remembers and goes to vote and like all the nominations.

5 Likes

I think I voted everywhere. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve only voted on games that I have personally experienced, I think.

Like I can’t understand how AC Valhalla could be considered our GOTY when I don’t think anyone here has actually completed it. Or do we just vote on the general consensus of what opinions are out there and based on reviews?

1 Like

I guess you need to vote on what you think would be the best if you haven’t played many. We don’t have the largest sample size here so we would end up with very few votes I believe.

3 Likes

I haven’t played most of the games I voted for.

2 Likes

If we only ever vote for the game we played, there would only ever be 4 or 5 games that gets nominated. Again we have this same discussion every single year, and every single year I try to encourage as many votes as possible. I haven’t played Half Life Alyx because I don’t have VR, but I’ve seen enough about the game and read enough about the game that I know it is a great title worthy of a GOTY nomination. So therefore I will nominate it.

4 Likes

Fair enough. Apologies for asking.

2 Likes

Dont apologise! I was going to ask it too! But I barely missed Hammer’s wrath!

4 Likes

Haha Hammer’s answer was completely logical. And so was Beo’s question.

No need to apologise for anything.

5 Likes

Last chance to VOTE! Go and do all the voting today and tomorrow the new final threads will go up

3 Likes

I reckon I’ve voted in every thread.

2 Likes

I have voted! Will participated in the discussion as time allows.

Okay, I think I’ve caught every thread again.

1 Like