4 Likes

You got me into it actually :rofl:

2 Likes

I only lasted about 35 minutesā€¦

wait whats this thread about again?

1 Like

3 Likes

Dark Souls

So I decided to give this a try. Itā€™ll help make my backlog smaller.

The first game I tried is Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage. Itā€™s currently free for XBox Games with Gold members.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-za/Product/Sega-Vintage-Collection-Streets-of-Rage/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b71

Many years ago I owned a Sega Megadrive. I loved that console so much and it was one of the main reasons why gaming became such a big part of my life. Some of my favourite games were the Streets of Rage games.

So now that itā€™s free I thought Iā€™d give it a try. And wowee games were hard back in the day. I can safely say now that itā€™s best to remember these old games with fond memories than to try them out again. Games have truly moved forward.

I gave it a try and itā€™s not something Iā€™ll play again. It was fun but with its difficulty curve it looks just about impossible to finish.

3 Likes

So, little nudge of the thread to remind people to try out this challenge. Iā€™ve decided that I will play Mr Shifty.

I liked Hotline Miami, and this looks very similar. So Iā€™ll give it a try this week and play one hour of it and see whatā€™s what.

2 Likes

Someone whatsapp me tonight so that I can remember to install this please

Argh I donā€™t even get time to get to normal games. Why is there so little time? Iā€™ll see if I can also make a plan to try out something.

3 Likes

I never got up the motivation to try out Men of War: Assault Squad because it seemed like a game that would take more than an hour just to learn the ropes so I think Iā€™ll call up a new random game to try out.

Inspired by this thread, i decided to pick a random game and play it for an hour.

The game of choice was Moon Hunters. I played it for an hour and I have no idea what I did or what is supposed to happen in the game. This was last weekend. I cannot even remember what the gameplay was.

It was not a good start. Time to pick something else for this weekend.

2 Likes

4cf3e6f68d382005af92a25270482200db8f04ce_1_690x242
I tried this, I will say I lasted about 30mins, its a clicker game without the clicking and weirdly I hated it

I played BIT.TRIP Presentsā€¦ Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. Um two weeks ago especially for this thread but never got around to posting about it.

Itā€™s not a bad game but not something Iā€™ll play for longer than an hour. In fact, every level shows the high scores of your friends and with every level I completed the amount of scores shown became less and less. So Iā€™m not the only person who stopped playing.

Never got around to playing this. Poor form here by me. Just so many games!! FFUuuu!!!

1 Like

It wasnā€™t specifically for this thread, but I was farming steam cards and I decided Iā€™d put some time into playing Turbo Pug DX, since I was killing time before I had to leave. It was pretty fun, had a bit of a BIT.TRIP Runner feel to it without the rhythm based actions, but as Soli said, not gonna be something you play more than an hour.

1 Like

I played a little bit of Hero Siege again, fell in love with the game all over again. i wanna play it all the time

1 Like

I put about half an hour or so in with a necromancer. I really enjoyed it

It is such a fun little game, it becomes mental, highest I got was a lev 115 Pyromancer.
I want to still finish all the acts, but solo I am struggling

1 Like