Multiversus

With the gameplay of Smash Bros and the aesthetic of Fortnite and the bizarre conglomeration of any and every kind of pop culture character and genre (owned by Warner Bros) - you get the weird but apparently quite decent game of Multiversus

It’s free to play so worth a look if you are interested. So far the response to the game has been good. And the developers have apparently already nerfed Taz for being to buff.

I wonder if our resident fighting games aficionado @MetalSoup has played it yet?

4 Likes

I watched a bunch of streamers play this during the closed beta. Was pretty fun to watch, like Shaggy going Super Saiyan, but I’ve never been a fan of this genre…

4 Likes

I tried a bit yesterday, and it’s good! I’ve never taken to Smash, and I’m not sure if I’ll stick with this, but it plays quite well and has some interesting mechanics.

3 Likes

I’ll give it a try. Had lots of fun with Smash Ultimate.

3 Likes

Started playing it yesterday and frankly, I can see myself spending money on this, at least to get the season pass.

4 Likes

OK so I tried it. And then deleted it. I’ll stick to Super Smash Bros. This is not bad but I tried to play locally with two controllers and no matter what I did both controllers were being picked up as the same player.

2 Likes

I’m glad that South Africa is a recognised locale for servers and latency.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s cool. Will definitely give it a go then.

1 Like

Any way to do a create a private, friends only session? Could be amusing for a MEW Multiplayer Evening or league of some sort?

2 Likes

I think there is a custom option and configuration, unsure of how extensive it is. Will try 'ave a look next time I’m on.

1 Like

You can create lobbies and invite players, but I didn’t see a password option.

1 Like

Got a gold rating for linux, so let’s see…

Edit: WB Account? bah

3 Likes

Locked to 60 FPS, why didn’t anyone warn me :dizzy_face:

Aside from that it’s pretty fun - chaotic but fun.

1 Like

Yeah, i really wish that same character selection wasn’t a thing. That just makes it so much more chaotic.

2 Likes

Multiversus Season 1 and its Battle Pass are out today.

MultiVersus Season 1 is here and with it comes an all-new Battle Pass designed for you to show off your unique style in different ways. We’ve been blown away by your love and enthusiasm for MultiVersus, and we think you’re really going to enjoy all of the goodies packed into Season 1, including new characters such as Rick, Morty, Black Adam, and Stripe, new cosmetics, new modes (Classic Arcade & Ranked), as well as premium rewards.

3 Likes