Need advice on a really good, long lasting non stick frying pan

jis as ek kon het ek al my panne vervang met daai reeks.

2 Likes

Selle! Ek loooove dai range

2 Likes

I can only give my endorsement to Le Creuset as itā€™s the only brand Iā€™ve tried. The pans are so good that we travel with them when we drive around the country because we dislike cooking in anything else.

We regularly cook in our Le Creuset pans without any oil or butter. Any oils we add is for flavour only.

1 Like

Am I the only one with just a few glasses to his name?

2 Likes

How heavy are they - that is why I have avoided them, cos their stuff tends to be very heavy

1 Like

I would say the Le Creuset frying and sautee pan we have are about medium-heavy. The skillet is extremely heavy, but it is also not non-stick.

1 Like

I will go test them, Ive been warned against their big pots and casseroles because they are to heavy when food is added

1 Like

My local @home in PMB didnā€™t have the 28cm GC pan but they will order it for me and I will pick it up next week when it gets there.

Thanks for all the advice! I am looking forward to using it.

3 Likes

COngrats! I am chuffed for you :smiley: This will be your happy pan, also let me know what you thing. I really need to consider looking at the pots

1 Like

My wife and I have already agreed, the kids must not touch this pan!

3 Likes

Good luck with that.

One of the guys I work with complains that his daughters use his sharp knifes to cut directly on the granite tops. So need he hides them with his braai stuff.

1 Like

Yea I took away all mums metal scoops and so on just to prevent it - she is not happy with me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Saw this, thought it might be fitting for here!

2 Likes

All I can say is murder

As a man I know not of such things, tis the reason thee hast a lady.

2 Likes

On that topic, what is the best way to clean such a pan? Just whipe clean or wash orā€¦

1 Like

I wash it with a silicone scrubber - nothing else needed, a little soap and water. I have found that its not like a cast iron pan that you need to treat non stop. I havenā€™t needed to yet on Nimaā€™s, but you can just lightly coat with something like olive oil if needs be I think.

i wash ours with sunlight and a spongeā€¦ no oil treatment needed afterwards

Just to be clear in case you were asking about cast iron, you donā€™t want to use soapā€¦ The other responses were for non-stick.

1 Like

The silver lady you NEED for normal pots and pans - your new pan you will not need to scrub with it.

The silicone sponge, you can find them at spar for R50 and they work like a charm. But they do tear and break.

1 Like