Need advice on a really good, long lasting non stick frying pan

I always assumed those sponges like the silver lady one you posted were just as bad for non-stick… I used to tell me roommate note to use them on my pans…

Live and learn

1 Like

Silver lady is not metal, hence why it is recommended - its also great for washing windows and cars :stuck_out_tongue:

It still feels very scratchy, same reason I don’t use scotch brite pads

1 Like

Naw we used them at the hotel I worked at which is why I know they are safe to use for all glass and nonstick pots and pans

1 Like

Good to know. They were the standard sponge in every house in Israel, but if they did have any writing on the package saying “non-stick safe”, I wouldn’t have understood it anyways as it would be in Hebrew :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Making a proper French style omelette is why I am curious about a good non-stick pan as well. At the moment I can only make a diner style omelette using olive oil.

So what is the best option that has been posted so far? :thinking:

1 Like

I should have the one Wyvern posted this week, will let you know.

2 Likes

I wont lie, I think you will be able to. I don’t make lots of egg dishes, but mum made scrambled eggs without a drop of butter

Blasphemy! Butter isn’t strictly to stop sticking, it is for flavour and texture.

1 Like

We know this - she was experimenting :stuck_out_tongue: My dad ironically loved the scrambled eggs.

1 Like

Ah, I’m all for experimenting in the kitchen. Seems it failed if your dad liked them though! :wink:

1 Like

Oil for lubrication, butter for flavour.

3 Likes

Why it did that I have no idea

My dad has a habit of wanting stuff bland - salt and pepper only. It drives us insane when cooking dinner

1 Like

Some people have broken taste buds. Pineapple on pizza is proof of this.

1 Like

LEAVE MY PINEAPPLE ALONE!

1 Like

Gladly! :smiley:

1 Like

From what I have seen in various videos a proper French style omelette requires the eggs to be continuously mixed in the pan on a low to medium heat, but whenever I have tried this method with a non stick pan parts of the egg always get stuck and I have to quickly switch to scrambled eggs instead. :disappointed:

There is nothing wrong with pineapple on pizza. In fact I would argue there are worse things I have seen people put on pizza. Like banana. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

My friend and I ordered a bacon and banana pizza. It was alright. Neither of us will ever order it again.

You haven’t seen weird pizza toppings until you’ve been to Israel. Egg… Tuna… Corn…

1 Like

I love a bacon and banana pizza. And that Israel pizza sounds divine!

Well it is the holy land! Actually some of my favorite pizza ever is from Big Apple pizza there.