New beginning, new name

I Think we must keep mygaming, since that is a name on the cards.

My reasons are
If it wasnt for mygaming we wouldnt be here. (if sigstart) didnt start the splinter forum, everyone would still be on mygaming regardless.

Its a more established name with an established userbase.

engadget has gadget in their name but they cover everything from games to gadgets etc, same with gamespot so i dont see why mygaming cant do that while retaining the name.

yes the mygaming name might be abit tarnished but that doesnt mean we must abandon it, the xbox 360 had bad rrod press ms didnt rename the console, same applies to samsung that had exploding phones, they continued with the note name regardless.

im sure with a bit of spit and shine mygaming can be at the top of its game again (Pun intended) and our tshirts wont go to waste :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t want to be negative but Mostepic.win sounds like one of those competition sites, I would rather see something like the aforementioned Offbeatgamer.com being used, I see geekandgamer.co.za,geektime.co.za and various combos are up for grabs , or lol how about geeksandfreaks.co.za :upside_down_face:.

I agree with the idea of re-branding though and being more geek friendly, everyone thats currently active on Myg is not predominately just talking about games but everything is more or less centered around geek/nerd culture.

1 Like

nerdcult.co.za :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Relly? Beat and off in the same name. Unless you are targeting “that” kind of audience I don’t think it is a good idea at all. :slight_smile:

i think the final decision on the name should be made by @sigstart and we should just offer suggestions and motivations for the given names that we want to submit for consideration.

For sure yes, just throwing around a few cents.

I still can’t believe geekzil.la and gamezil.la are still available. If this new venture doesn’t end up using either of them, I’m going to domain-squat both of them. Might create a “Zil.la” umbrella site one day with content focused on gaming, geeking, nerding, teching, etc…

1 Like

What is the great significance of this Zilla?

Godzilla? As in a big, imposing monster?

Now, imagine the wordplay on:

• Gamezilla: A big, imposing site about gaming.
  • Geekzilla: A big, imposing site about geek culture.

In both cases, the logo can be represented with a godzilla-like creature with the appropriate attire, like thick-framed glasses and a hipster beard, or Gunnar glasses and a gaming headset.

I’ve always preferred “Nerd” over “Geek”

1 Like

A nerd is not the same as a geek. A nerd is someone that enjoys to study and excels at intellectual activities.

A Geek is a person that likes things to be considered geeky such as Gaming, Cartoons, Board Games or whatever.

So 2 totally different things

1 Like

correct

1 Like

Hahahahah! WP

1 Like