Newcomer to Warhammer 40k

Morning you beautiful fuckers :mechanical_arm:

Sorry for not posting so long, life has been hectic. Hope you all are doing awesome and that some of you even started working again.

Just quickly want to hear if there is any Warhammer 40k fans here. I really want to get into the lore and everything but it’s just so many. Do some of you know the main events that I need to know or any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated :mechanical_arm:

6 Likes

Warhammer 40k has been around for a while. This means that there are a TON of player additions to the lore. So it can be a bit chaotic (scuse the pun).
Your best bet is https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki. A lot of the original Codices (found at the bottom of each page in the Sources section) are used to piece together the timelines and lore found on this page.

I played that game a LONG time ago, I have no idea what the rulesets are like now. Since then I have played a variety of PC games set in the universe, so I am by no means even semi literate on the lore itself.

3 Likes

For me I just want to know the lore. Who’s who you know? Why are the Primearcs descendants from the Emperor, Who is the Emperor and what’s going on in the universe

1 Like

That wiki site will have all those answers, I usually find it helpful to look at the timelines to get a summary

3 Likes

Aye… I love the Warhammer 40k universe, albeit I don’t know too much about it and the lore and haven’t read any of the books, though I would love to.

Sounds like we’re in the same boat.

1 Like

It one of those things were you look at the overwhelming quantity of content and say maybe one day.

2 Likes

/added to backlog

2 Likes

Anyone seen the new 40k game that’s coming out soon I think?

oo, didnt even know there was one coming!

1 Like

Check the trailer dude it looks amazing

Where? What is the game called?

1 Like

This one?

1 Like

Yup that’s the one

I probably won’t play it. 4 player co op is not my thing and this one is built on Vermintide and that game is just bad.

1 Like

2 isn’t as bad as 1 tho. But yeah their engine does feel wonky