Well I will see soon enough. Decided to upgrade to 2080ti, just waiting on titan ice to get stock of msi duke atm.
So the first RTX enabled game is finally out in the wild, and… Well, see for yourself.
After these updates drop, Nvidia says the graphics card should surpass 60 fps at 1440p resolution with the game’s DXR Raytraced Reflections setting set to Ultra. The $700 RTX 2080 will also hit 60 fps at 1440p with reflections set to Medium quality, as should the $500 RTX 2070 at 1080p resolution and reflections set to Medium quality. Assuming those claims hold true, that’d be a huge increase in ray tracing performance.
Here’s how Nvidia says the gains were achieved:
- “Made stability improvements while running the game with DXR Ray Tracing on.
- Improved performance of several components of the ray tracing implementation.
- Improved ray tracing performance against foliage and vegetation.
- Using frame buffer data, where applicable, to increase overall ray tracing quality.
- Removed inactive geometry from ray traced scenes.
- Fixed medium quality setting not applying correctly.”
Awesome. So the performance issues have now been fixed for 100% of currently available RTX games. Still a pity about the insane prices.
It’s only about R500 more expensive to buy a 2080 than a 1080 ti.
Can you still find 1080ti’s?
Yes (10 characters)