Offbeat . . . Off Topic

Oh boy… when people think having a pet is as bad as having a kid! O_o

3 Likes

Welcome!!!

Welcome dude!

This is some damn cool forum software! Did someone from here build it?

1 Like

nope its discord.

1 Like

Its not discord, discord is the chat program we use to talk to each other in mew multiplayer nights.

Its Discourse

3 Likes

you know what i mean… :rofl::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh nice, I see it’s even built in Ruby on Rails. I’ll have to go dig through the source code a bit to see how they managed to code something this complex.

I’m surprised how busy the roads were today. Was expecting it to be relatively quiet with it being school holidays. Hmmm at least I think it’s school holidays.

2 Likes

It is. The roads here are dead. It’s great.

1 Like

Evening people
Feel like I’m in a haze this week. I haven’t manage to do anything besides work and sleep, yet not much is happening at work the last 2 days.
I’ve developed this incredibly painful throat Sunday morning. Panado, Brufen, chlorhexidine spray(?) does nothing! I can barely swallow my own sputum for the last 2 days, let alone eat. Now today I’m so grumpy because I’m hungry but I can’t eat, getting tired of this. Had the worst road rage coming from work, I’m angry at PnP because their store is deurmekaar and I can’t find the stuff I need to buy, and to top it all the car guard smiles at me with crooked teeth. “I’m not going to pay you, you didn’t protect my car, no one is going to steal my dirty old car. Stop smiling”.

I realised, fortunately, or unfortunately, that when I take a nice big gulp of whiskey, letting it settle deep in my throat before I swallow, it numbs it enough to eat a few mouthfuls of food…

I’ve had a whole plate of food tonight!!

Bless my liver

3 Likes

Hope you start feeling better soon.

1 Like

That sounds like tonsils. Do you have those?

Yes, they’re still there. They don’t really look red or swollen. I keep looking in my throat to see if I’m busy dying. Findings so far are inconclusive :see_no_evil:

I remember now I had tonsillitis many many many moons ago in primary school. I’m convinced that was the sickest I’ve ever been. (except for the man flu I had last year…) . Parents couldn’t get the antibiotics in, so they crushed the tablets and gave it to me with apricot jam. I still get that taste when I eat apricot jam :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

I had that a lot as a kid and if it’s that, it’s the worst. I especially hate the part where you sit and think back to when you could swallow normally and that you took it for granted.

1 Like

hahahaha gargle with a luke warm mix of 2 teaspoons of salt, 2 bicarb and 1 disprin - the salt will help. Then drink a hot toddy with lemon and honey

1 Like

May you feel much better @FriedPet!

1 Like

Aaand I’m out. Have a good one. Hope it’s a good night for you @Pr0fPyr0. :+1:

1 Like

Morning peoples! Could have done with some more sleep. It’s crazy to think that it’s Thursday already!

2 Likes

Morning everyone. I honestly think stress is going to kill me. Either this week or the next.

3 Likes