Offbeat . . . Off Topic

DESERTED? I still post there daily!!!

1 Like

Oh boyā€¦ when people think having a pet is as bad as having a kid! O_o

3 Likes

Welcome!!!

Welcome dude!

This is some damn cool forum software! Did someone from here build it?

1 Like

nope its discord.

1 Like

Its not discord, discord is the chat program we use to talk to each other in mew multiplayer nights.

Its Discourse

3 Likes

you know what i meanā€¦ :rofl::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh nice, I see itā€™s even built in Ruby on Rails. Iā€™ll have to go dig through the source code a bit to see how they managed to code something this complex.

Iā€™m surprised how busy the roads were today. Was expecting it to be relatively quiet with it being school holidays. Hmmm at least I think itā€™s school holidays.

2 Likes

It is. The roads here are dead. Itā€™s great.

1 Like

Evening people
Feel like Iā€™m in a haze this week. I havenā€™t manage to do anything besides work and sleep, yet not much is happening at work the last 2 days.
Iā€™ve developed this incredibly painful throat Sunday morning. Panado, Brufen, chlorhexidine spray(?) does nothing! I can barely swallow my own sputum for the last 2 days, let alone eat. Now today Iā€™m so grumpy because Iā€™m hungry but I canā€™t eat, getting tired of this. Had the worst road rage coming from work, Iā€™m angry at PnP because their store is deurmekaar and I canā€™t find the stuff I need to buy, and to top it all the car guard smiles at me with crooked teeth. ā€œIā€™m not going to pay you, you didnā€™t protect my car, no one is going to steal my dirty old car. Stop smilingā€.

I realised, fortunately, or unfortunately, that when I take a nice big gulp of whiskey, letting it settle deep in my throat before I swallow, it numbs it enough to eat a few mouthfuls of foodā€¦

Iā€™ve had a whole plate of food tonight!!

Bless my liver

3 Likes

Hope you start feeling better soon.

1 Like

That sounds like tonsils. Do you have those?

Yes, theyā€™re still there. They donā€™t really look red or swollen. I keep looking in my throat to see if Iā€™m busy dying. Findings so far are inconclusive :see_no_evil:

I remember now I had tonsillitis many many many moons ago in primary school. Iā€™m convinced that was the sickest Iā€™ve ever been. (except for the man flu I had last yearā€¦) . Parents couldnā€™t get the antibiotics in, so they crushed the tablets and gave it to me with apricot jam. I still get that taste when I eat apricot jam :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

I had that a lot as a kid and if itā€™s that, itā€™s the worst. I especially hate the part where you sit and think back to when you could swallow normally and that you took it for granted.

1 Like

hahahaha gargle with a luke warm mix of 2 teaspoons of salt, 2 bicarb and 1 disprin - the salt will help. Then drink a hot toddy with lemon and honey

1 Like

May you feel much better @FriedPet!

1 Like

Aaand Iā€™m out. Have a good one. Hope itā€™s a good night for you @Pr0fPyr0. :+1:

1 Like

Morning peoples! Could have done with some more sleep. Itā€™s crazy to think that itā€™s Thursday already!

2 Likes