Offbeat . . . Off Topic

Morning everyone. I honestly think stress is going to kill me. Either this week or the next.

3 Likes

Morninā€™ all

Gonna be a crappy, dusty, allergy ridden day. Forgot I still have to empty out my old office.

Last thing I need since I have hockey practice tonight :expressionless:

2 Likes

Aaand good morning. Lots to do today. Have a good one :+1:

Good luck all of you! With the stress and the sicknesses and the allergies and everything.

1 Like

good mornings! so glad its almost weekend again!

2 Likes

Good morning everyone

Do we have anyone with labor law experience here?
I have a friend in dire need

nope jammer Wyvz

1 Like

SO ā€¦ Our ISP had a ā€œfibre line failureā€ yesterday ā€“ the disconnect from the Internet world was real.

Iā€™m here now, though.

2 Likes

dammit, ek het 'n vriend wat die gewerk het - 17 Feb-17March= 298 Normal hours 962.75h If Calculated according to Sat an Sun Rates
Sy afdae is hy op 24/7 standby as ook die aande. Met ander woorde hy is 24/7 op diens - hulle betaal hom nie oortyd nie, hulle gee hom nie tyd af nie. Hulle het met sy anual leave laas jaar hom die 2 weke gegee - waarvan hy een gewerk het, en nooit iets gegee het vir dit nie - nie eers tyd af.
En nou is hy so siek dat sy doktor hom 'n week afboek - en nou se hulle hy moet werk. Hulle het ook 'n baie sieklike 3 jarige dogtertjie wat gereeld bitter siek word
so of hy of sy vrou moet dan by die huis bly

ai man Wyvz, dis erg. het hy a kontrak? if so moet hy hulle in kennis stel dat x en y nie gebeur nie en volgens sy kontrak moet dit. hy moet hulle in skrif kennis stel van hulle breach en dan kan hy na die CCMA toe gaan as hulle nie betaal nie. ding is hy moet sy grievances op skrif stel sodat daar a paper trail is.

Jis dit maak my woedend as mense hulle employees so hanteer!

Baie dankie ek sal hom se, hy was laas jaar beseer by die werk - elmboog gefracture, en hulle het gekak en kerm oor hy nie kon werk nie! Op die stadium is hy die eenigste persoon op diens wat hulle HELE production line aan die gang hou. En dis scary dis 'n blerry groot company. Hy het my die emails wat hulle vandag gestuur het gewhatsapp en sy antwoord - ek moet se hy was baie professioneel - meer as wat ek sou gewees het!

ai man ja nee dit klink glad nie reg nie. hulle hou hom basies ransom. hy moet na sy kontrak kyk en as dit so groot company is is dit dalk nodig vir hom om a labour attorney te gaan sien wat hom beter kan adviseur. hy kan die CCMA ook vra vir advies vir a labour law consultant/prokureur

1 Like

Dit maak my so de moer in! Ek weet net dat hy omtrent altyd werk, hy sien sy vrou en kinders minimal, en hy sukkel nou met sy gesondheid - gewoonlik as hy nie doodelik siek is nie werk hy - no matter what.

I have a problem, and Iā€™ve noticed it over time, where I start to get stressed and start to worry about shit I tend to spend money, and itā€™s usually money I donā€™t have or canā€™t afford to spend.

3 Likes

I do the same Beo. I also do the stress eating thing.

Join the club dude, Itā€™s why I have a VERY strict budget, slowly paying off debt, and I just dont buy anything unless I really need it - aka if it aint broken, and its not essential then it stays broken or not replaced - fun ne?

Me tooooooooooooooo! Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

Need some advice or rather more of an input from people with small children.

So I have a 2 year old daughter, she has a 3 and 1 year old cousin.
My mother in law is divorced and living with her boyfriend at his house. They have been together very long and is a great guy. Have no personal issue with either of them.

The problem is there is a pool with no net on. And I am not comfortable with my daughter playing there or sleeping over when I am not there. You hear too many stories.

Every is treading around this for some reason, and my wife has to be the mediator as she is scared her mom will be offended if I say something. The rest of the family came with a clever plan that we should all put money together and buy a net and have it installed for them on the boyfriends pool. I said no, they have money to go to Cape Town to their Beach House every 2nd month, so surely installing a net for their grand children (he also has 2 2 year old grandchildren of his own) is not too much to ask.

Just me that is baffled as to why this has had to become a discussion with my wife in the first place. The net should have been done 2 years ago already without me having to mention or ask anything?

6 Likes

Yeah, sorry man, there should not even be an argument or discussion about it. Either you fix your situation or my child doesnā€™t comet o play/stay there without my presence or supervision. I wouldnā€™t be willing to take that chance and Iā€™ve had similar arguments with my own parents.

4 Likes