Offbeat . . . Off Topic

May the exam go well @czc!

And good luck with the studying @Wyvern!

or compatibility ?

And I do not agree 100%
My wife and myself are not compatible on paper at all. We are total opposites and yet we work, been married 5 years.

I think it is about compromising, and not in a negative way. But in a healthy constructive way.
But yeah agree with the part you said about not changing yourself. if a person does not accept you for who you are and you want to change to get themā€¦ then you are going to have some tough times later down the line

5 Likes

Goodluck! !

Yesterday I watched 2 videos or ā€œnew-ageā€ rappers responding to mean comments ā€¦

No intelligent comebacks, and it somehow always results in them telling the commentor to suck on something. This is why sometimes listening to instrumental is better.

Youā€™d think that despite poor lyricism, theyā€™ve actually got some sense of intelligence to perhaps back up unintelligible lyrics.

3 Likes

Goooooooooooooooooood luck dude!

Dankie Soli!

1 Like

Amen to this; Me and the wife are polar opposites. I was (and in most cases still am) everything she didnā€™t want in a person. We have such a narrow band of common interests, but it works, we realized it works. Relationships are not easy at all, it requires work and compromise.

6 Likes

Iā€™m more than a 100 posts behind. Canā€™t catch up.

Morning everyone.
I just registered for a diploma. Paid up, so now I feel the need to studyā€¦

Also, I let my 1-year-old play drums on my keyboard this morning, now some of the special characters are out of place. Itā€™s like she accidentally changed my keyboard layout. Well done to her.
Now Iā€™m curious how she did itā€¦?

5 Likes

@Flex hit on the right word I think: compromise. And Iā€™d add communication to that.

When I first met my wife there was very little connection between us. Sure I thought she was damn sexy (still do!) but I was in my early 20s at the time and pretty much thought that of any woman in a sharp business suit :grinning:.

But after about 6 months of working closely together and actually communicating we started to see that despite the many differences between us (and there were many, and still are: emotional, physical, outlooks on life in general, career aspirations, backgrounds, even religious) that we actually enjoyed each otherā€™s company. A lot.

All it really took was a little understanding of the otherā€™s point of view and opinion, and finding the balance between getting your own opinion heard and compromising equally to make each other as happy as possible, as often as possible.

We still have disagreements, we still regularly challenge each otherā€™s decisions and actions. But at the end of the day, we find the point of comprise that keeps us both happy and connected to each other.

We celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, so I guess weā€™re doing something right. :grinning:

9 Likes

Dit wil gedoen word!
Welldone man!

I think I should become our resident Dr. Phil !

2 Likes

Congrats on 24 years!!

3 Likes

ye, compatibility - auto correct.

My wife and I are on the zodiac thingie the worst combination, lucky I donā€™t believe in it.
We are also two different people but find it exciting. I am a very difficult person, some aspects of my life are planned meticulously and others I just wing whereas she likes order and stability in her day.
We Compromising is huge in a relationship as long as itā€™s fair.
My advice was purely for Hagan who is in the starting blocks, marriage is a whole nother beast

The starting point I would say is quite important if it moves on towards marriage :stuck_out_tongue:
Otherwise it would be like building a house on a foundation made of poop

geez bud, congrats. I was 6 when you got married and a only 4 years in.

I love married life, but as a close introvert/extrovert on the myers briggs test I sometimes just need my space to unpack the boxes in my mind and repack them

1 Like

my wife would not date me from 2006-end of 2010 as I was apparently to ā€œwild for herā€

Yeah, my wife is the planner. I tend to just wing it. Going away for a weekend with me is all about picking where I stay (if I even decide to book) whereas the wife will have the accommodation booked, a route planned, packing lists drawn up, etc etc

2 Likes

Hahaha! My wife and myself have known each other and been part of each other lives for longer than we have not known each other :stuck_out_tongue:
When we were dating on and off in school, months would go by where we would not say a word to each other at all. She does admit now that it was all he fault :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Off topic :laughing: I finally picked up my copy of Forza 7, the Postnets owner is celebrating Ramadan so closes early and I kept missing him.
I donā€™t mind as I respect peoples religions, even if I am not of that belief

3 Likes

Afternoon everyone.

2 Likes

Omg, been trying to type up minutes for the past hour, so I have the bossā€™s voice in my ears thanks to the dictaphone, the 2 eejits in the back office today decided not to use their earphones, so on top of the bossā€™s voice, I am getting some kind of opera and oldies music - giving me a headache

1 Like

May it go well for you.

1 Like