Offbeat . . . Off Topic

I always preferred the sound quality of splits to 6x9s

Oh right, its almost the weekend!

My WISP better get their crap sortedā€¦ Weā€™re continually getting disconnected for 1-2 minutes at a time.

1 Like

HALLLO HALLO

busy week has been so busy!

1 Like

Is it Level-7?

No. UniWISP.

Borrowed the bossā€™ phone since I donā€™t have airtime, and our VoIP is obviously not gonna work. When I called for the third time today, they said theyā€™d check with the techs then call back. I told them Iā€™m always told Iā€™d be called back, but never am. She said ā€œI will call you back.ā€ That was about 2 hours ago.

Iā€™ve rarely had problems with them. When things go down there was minimal downtime. One month ago, the high site got damaged somehow. They fixed it relatively quickly, but since then, Iā€™ve had about 5 days of problem free internet (that I noticed anyhow). The rest of the time, it has either been hectic latency and/or slow throughput, or these disconnectsā€¦

Iā€™m assuming this is enough grounds to get them to let us out of our contract without penalty? Its just a shame the only other provider we can get out here is R500/mo more (or I have to downgrade 2MB) plus R6000 installation fee (which I could hopefully haggle down).

1 Like

soā€¦ i want to buy a new carā€¦ i definitely shouldnt but i think im gonnaā€¦ :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Is dit dalk nie beter om te wag om te hoor of julle gaan trek nie?

ons gaan nie oorsee nie. dis a definate NO. ons wil nie in sucky engeland bly nie.

hahahahahahah ek sal

i really cant take this stressful environment anymore, everyone just stresses for kak in this place :tired_face: ! they are too lazy to do something themselves but when someone else does it they always want to complain about the end result.

3 Likes

huge hugs

Point me in the right direction and I will klap them for you

of FFSā€¦ so i had to prep 17 letters to send to a client, got the wording form the boss. he has check all 17 letters twice alreadyā€¦ now i have prepped the e-mail with the letters and all the annexures(its taken me most of the morning to do this) now he checks everything again and he finds a comma a freaking ā€œ,ā€ in the wrong place.

now i have to redo all 17 letters, save them in pdf again and attaching everything to e-mail again. and i cant just remove the letter and add the correct one, no i have to remove all the annexures cause they have to be in order - 1. letter, 2. confirmation, 3. forms for signature, 4. invoiceā€¦ FML

1 Like

Hom sal ek met liefde klap

I just wanna go home now

1 Like

jis hoor dit maak my die moer in as hulle so pedantic is oor niks.

@Wyvern ā€¦ hoekom wil jy so baie mense klap vandag?

Glo my ek weet

My favourite is ek tik die minutes vir meetings op, in engels, dan kom die universiteit - nee hulle soek dit in afrikaans.
Tik dit oor, hulle ā€œmaak dit regā€ aka skuif 'n woord of twee, (in rooi - so ek moet dit eers reg maak) en dan net voor dit uit gestuur word, moet dit weer in engels wees. . . . .

Ek kan nie veel ander raad vandag aanbied nie, maar ek weet ek kan mense wakker klap.

2 Likes

So Wenz, I bought a new car and the car is amazing and it feels phenomenal sitting inside it. But I realised that buying a new car also brings in quite a bit of stress. I donā€™t know why. but itā€™s such a big step that itā€™s almost constantly on my mind. Itā€™s extra money every month and extra insurance and all kinds of things like that.

Itā€™s just something to take into consideration.

2 Likes

Rather an expensive impulse buy!

2 Likes

Lambo, or nothing,

1 Like

Was going to buy myself a Bluetooth receiver tomorrow, then I decided to test out my phoneā€™s Wi-Fi Direct functionality with Windows 10 Pro ā€¦

Saved myself R100+