Offbeat . . . Off Topic

So IT guy phones me now about our server and he says no he can’t find any maleware on our server or our pcs, but he would suggest that we get kaspersky antivirus for our pcs as he is using free antivirus which might not pick up the malware… The levels of incompetance

1 Like

This is the payed IT guy?

Yes, that gets paid a very nice amount every month

Wow, that’s bad. He can at least try the free version of Malwarebytes. That’ll find anything. We use the paid for version after an incident early last year where a secretary opened an attachment and the malware spread like wildfire over our network.

We have so many clients who lost everything because they don’t back up and then get hit by malware.

I know, we have maleware bytes on our pc but he is using avg free antivirus

Eish good luck over there!

I have the paid for version of malwarebytes at home.

At work I must admit I’m not running anything except the windows thing.

I should maybe get the paid for version at home too.

See At home I have nothing but I scan my pc weekly with everything I can.

At work we use Webroot secure

windows defender works perfectly, just dont go and visit dodgy sites :wink::stuck_out_tongue:

So I do a malware scan with malwarebytes now and guess what I find… Freaking useless it guy

1 Like

Klap hom!

@Donisia weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee miss you!

Oh and the antivirus that he has run that supposedly has not picked up anything has picked up 412 god damn threats the bulk of which are on the server… Like really how useless are you

1 Like

But other than that you’re having a good day so far?

Fire him . . .

Well I suppose its up there with where you were with you driver when he broke off the gear lever…

1 Like

Yeah luckily got that sorted pretty quicky. Turns out the guys who replaced the gearbox welded the old stick onto it and didn’t do it properly.

Bwahahaha goeie moer these days . . . .the level of idiocy is mental

Fire him and hire me :stuck_out_tongue: i exclusivly use malwarebytes when it comes to virus and malware suspicions

I would just use win 10 AV and if you want to do random spot checks run the free version of Malwarebytes since its not running all the time, the amount of retarded things AV vendors do to force their way into the windows kernel is terrible, its one of the reasons some people have not gotten the Metldown updates because it would cause bluescreens due to instability

Also Hi Humans