Official Crypto Club

I don’t know what that is but I’m in!

Will look again tomorrow.

Ok, I have made my pledge - I hope this makes me money, else I’ll hold you personally responsible @MetalSoup :wink:

1 Like

Just saw it come through, thanks @DarthMol, believe me we all hope it will work out. I believe we’ll make it work.

Cool, I have faith!

1 Like

I’m buying today. Just need to get Ethereum first. So I’m waiting to buy some on the Luno exchange.

1 Like

@MetalSoup I see I have to say which wallet I’ll be sending from. At Luno it doesn’t really seem to show which one I’ll be sending from. I just have an option to send. Not really sure what to do there.

Yeah we’re asking people not to send funds from exchanges, as they usually don’t support tokens. The best option would be to create your own wallet on something like https://www.myetherwallet.com/ (MEW!) and send the funds there first, then transfer it to the contract from there. The contract will then send the tokens to your MEW address.

2 Likes

Haha for the MEW. Thanks will do that.

2 Likes

Cool I bought and the transaction was successful. Will it send me a confirmation or show as successful on the CashBag site? Sorry for all the questions.

1 Like

Yay, I see it is shown as received!

1 Like

No worries, I just verified your transaction, it should show as such in the interface. Thanks for your support! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks @MetalSoup, may it go well!

1 Like
2 Likes

My first article for Coin Insider went up today. Hope you enjoy :slight_smile:!

6 Likes

I need to track down those books.

1 Like

Quite an interesting article.
I think governments will be too scared about all the power and control they would loose over “their” people. So most governments will fight very hard and make it difficult for true decentralization to exist

1 Like

I agree that governments won’t want to give up control. I mean think of all that tax they could still collect. Although makes me think of that series Continuum, corporations took over because governments were bankrupt.

1 Like

It it would have to be a HUGE movement to over throw governments.
But it is far off from now I think. Block Chains is still a fairly new concept to most of the world

1 Like

I reckon things will just naturally evolve this way, barring some calamity as envisioned in Edelman’s books.

The idea of the nation-state is also starting to show its cracks and getting push-back from more respected quarters and not just crackpot idealists like myself. Geographically-locked intellectual property is dumb, so Netflix is slowly hacking its way around it.

We’re already seeing the wealthy choose their country based on the tax benefit, well-off people emigrating from decent countries where they had a good lifestyle because of better opportunities elsewhere.

The Internet and blockchains can democratise that, allowing it to filter down to folks who didn’t have the money (or skills) before.

EDIT: Also thanks for reading, ya’ll! I really enjoyed writing that piece.

1 Like

One thing I wanted to ask. How long does something like that take you to write and do you approach them with an article idea or do they request you to write them something? Okay, sorry it turned into two things.