Official MEW Race of Geeks [MEWRL]

Hey guys!

I asked @Snowbeast if I can hep him with the Race of Geeks. So I started making a Google Sheet with the basics on it. I will make it look pretty later. Basically only Snowbeast and I can add times and points, but you can all see the results.

I will try to update this every Monday after an F1 Grand Prix so we can track our progress.

Please also let me know if you want to see anything else on the sheet or if it does not make any sense.

4 Likes

Soooo… I know why F1 2018 has such a faster time than F1 2019. There is NO DRS on the main straight in F1 2019. Even Lewis Hamilton just complained about it during practise.

3 Likes

Thank you @oltman for the help, with him on board this thread will be hugely better!

This week, dust off your Williams’ in honor of Sir Frank Williams.

4 Likes

Colour me confused :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Okay. so I went with the McLaren and the Merc for my Silverstone, British GP times:

(Did the Merc time after the last update to the Google sheet - worked damn hard for those almost 2 seconds!!)

@Snowbeast - guessing Mercedes and one other for the German GP?

Amazing what a bit of practise can do! Where were these times during Tuesday’s race???

1 Like

Those are crazy times!

1 Like

Mercedes for main race and any car but merc fir second time

2 Likes

Hey guys! Remember to do your Time Trial for Germany this week! We had our League race there and I think the weekly challenge is also in Germany, so we should all have enough practice on the circuit to get some good times!

Merc and any other car times. Looking forward to see those time come down during the weekend!

2 Likes

I’ll be doing the weekly challenge tonight. Haven’t really looked at this Offical MEW Race of Geeks yet.

I have been getting your best Time Trial times from in the game :wink: You are taking part whether you want to or not! :smiley:

2 Likes

Almost forgot to add these for the Germany round.

My best with the Merc (was a fair bit before the race, so not sure if any of the other guys improved their times after I took it):

And my best with Other Car:

@Snowbeast - what is the required car for this week’s Hungarian GP?

@Oltman are you still tracking these times on the quiet in @snowbeast’s absence?

We didn’t have an alternate car nominated for Hungary, and I don’t know if anyone recorded two different times or used a different version for their times, but here’s the Friends board for 2019 which I screenshot a couple of weeks ago.

Have you started adding Points to the Google Sheet yet? Is it worth me updating the Champion of Champion standings yet?

1 Like

I have been keeping it updated, but have not assigned points yet. I wil give you access to the Google sheet if you PM me your email address, and then can add the points. Or explain how the points work with 2 times being submitted?

1 Like

No need to give me access, you’re doing a top job!

As for points, I’d keep it as simple as possible. And I’d score the two times separately based on how many you get for each race and each car.

If there are 5 times for the Nominated car that race, best time gets 5 points, 2nd gets 4, 3rd gets 3, etc. And if there’s only 3 times for the Choice car that race, fastest time gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 3rd gets 1.

Or if you want to make the points for doing well even more valuable and encourage more people to submit their times, maybe double (10, 8, 6, 4, 2) or even triple (15, 12, 9, 6, 3) the points.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will look at that during this week!

2 Likes

OK, I liked the idea of adjusting the points for how many people are submitting times. So, we are going with double points for your placement, with everyone getting points, with the slowest time getting 2 points, and then moving up from there.

For example:

4 times were submitted. The slowest time get 2 points, the next time gets 4 points, then 6 points and the best time gets 8 points.

If there were only 2 times submitted the best time only gets 4 points.

You have 2 chances to score points, with the qualifying car of your choice, and another turn with the race car prescribed by the race organisers (you guys can nominate the week leading up to the race).

If we restart the points count from France, due to inactivity earlier in the season, then the points are as follows:

@DieGrootHammer 44
@oltman 38
@GregRedd 16
@Solitude 14

Even though Greg and Soli technically scored the same amount of race points, Greg has an additional 2 points for a qualifying entered. The points are in the doc below. Please let me know if I made any mistakes and I will correct it.

3 Likes

Okidoki, Spa! I nominate Racing Point for the race car this weekend, and you choose your quali car. Its about time we get back into this!

4 Likes

@oltman

Thank you for taking this over.
Applying for visas and getting my stuff ready to immagrate has been a challenge and I just don’t have a spare minute!

You are a champion!

3 Likes