Official Space Thread

O that looks awesome.
But just imagine that guy that has been searching for something like this for 40 years and there it is.

2 Likes

April 12 honors the anniversary of the first human space flight by Yuri Gagarin in 1961.

On International Day of #HumanSpaceFlight, a look at the life of Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, the first person to enter outer space.

5 Likes

Lift off is scheduled for tonight, but the feed is already live and showing rotating data and visuals:

4 Likes

My body is so ready! Meanwhile Boeing hasn’t made it to the ISS yet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bob and Doug are going to space?

Take off, eh?

2 Likes

Feed from NASA seems a little more stable and clear:

Alternate view from NBC with additional camera at the NASA public viewing platform:

And the SpaceX YouTube channel:

1 Like

And launch scrubbed due to weather concerns at T -17 minutes. :frowning:

Decision to cancel the launch was made just before the final fuelling was due to begin. A single launch window for today, means the launch attempt is aborted for today. The next launch opportunity will be Saturday, 30 May about an hour earlier than today’s scheduled launch.

3 Likes

Dam this sucks but its for the best

just hectic wait for so long get so close

2 Likes

I keep reading this thread title as “Office Space thread”…

4 Likes

Yaaaa, I’m gonna need to ask you to come in on Saturday…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Can I smash a printer then?

3 Likes

Yup! I’ll bring my baseball bat

2 Likes

T -30 minutes to launch attempt 2. All systems looking good at the moment:

1 Like

Wow, these guys are doing better than the Kerbals! :joy:

This was a pretty special first 10 minutes!!

4 Likes

Was awesome to see.

3 Likes

not sure if this was posted but damm its hard

3 Likes

Ive not managed to do it yet - I get interrupted when I get close - that is my excuse and I will stand by it :stuck_out_tongue:
I struggle to follow the blue to the green, I keep drifting up to high

1 Like

i got close like 3 times but its really cool that you can try something like this

Its also such a smart idea to do this imagine how much flight data they will have

1 Like

Waiting on the docking now. Will be great to see too.
Sounds like it’s set for 16:30

2 Likes