Official Space Thread

2 Likes

First try!! GG EZ. But then again about 700 hours of Kerbal Space program does help understand this docking method.

4 Likes

Was going to guess that your KSP experience would help - Kerbonaut Hammer!

3 Likes

I try not to post stuff from my day job here because, you know, don’t want too much self promotion and all that, but this article I did was just an amazing story. Ani heard Clyde’s story and put me in contact with him:

7 Likes

A little bit of self promo never hurt anybody.

Plus, this is promoting Clyde’s Spot :grin: aNd that was a nice article.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Still haven’t found out more info, like when this was, yet, but apparently it is SpaceX Falcon leaving the atmosphere.

2 Likes

Think this was quite a while ago. I only saw stills of it. That looks flippen amazing, and kinda scary at the same time.

2 Likes

I find it fits perfectly. Space travel itself is scary. This shows the real beauty of it, as we make new strides.

4 Likes

After 62 days, the crew of SpaceX’s Dragon Endeavour return to Earth.

3 Likes

Right now it’s over 280 000 people watching a bunch of people watch computer monitors…

4 Likes

Elon front and center, struggling to commit to wearing his mask :mask: :grinning:

3 Likes

And now the highlight is Elon Musk sitting in the centre of the front row sipping coffee.

Chat going mad that Musk has no mask :smile:

Edit: Beat me to it @GregRedd

4 Likes

/cam2

1 Like

Is it just me, who thinks those 2 guys are thinking why the frack did we come home to this covid mess?

2 Likes

I’ve been requested to post some of my astrophotography. Don’t expect much, really…

Without having to dig through my archives, I have a 7 year old photo of Jupiter to post straight away

8 Likes

Here’s my previous attempt at Saturn

3 Likes

Last nights shoot

Moon shot

Mars
_DSC9347

Jupiter (caught me a moon too! I have a few more pics, one better of the planet, one with more moons, but I think I still like the one from 7 years ago best.)
_DSC9285

Definitely happier with the shot of Saturn!
_DSC9301

5 Likes

I have been listening to COSMOS by Carl Sagan. This was written in the late 70s or early 80s and even back then this guy had some crazy ideas, and a lot of it is simply fascinating!

Also, my bro-in-law has a new telescope with all sorts of wizardry that allows his telescope to track items with the rotation of the earth. Here is a sample of a single 5 minute exposure photo. He would take like 30 photos and stack them to clean them up. I will ask if I can post some more :wink:

5 Likes

Tell him I am begging for more!

2 Likes