Overwatch 2

4 Likes

Looks like it’s more of a update/upgrade to the current game, than a completely new title.

Your accomplishments and loot collections will be carried forward to Overwatch 2. That means you’ll keep your skins, player icons, sprays, emotes, and more!

Current Overwatch players will battle side-by-side with Overwatch 2 players in PvP multiplayer; they’ll also be able to play Overwatch 2 heroes and maps.

So basically “Lets charge players for the next patch”? Will this just divide the player base like a DLC normally does? Why not just release it as DLC then?

OW2 fighting launch day struggles.

1 Like

yeah, tried to play yesterday as well, but could not even login to the main menu

3 Likes

Same, couldn’t even get to the main menu.

1 Like

Probably disgruntled Overwatch 1 fans

2 Likes

Buch of tossers that don’t want others to have fun.

2 Likes

I know you’re joking, but most OW1 fans I know are actually looking forward to this. The beta answered many of their issues with the first game.

3 Likes

It’s also not like everyone hasn’t had enough time to come to terms with it…

2 Likes

Tell that to the guys still playing CS: Source even when CS:GO itself is 10 years old :rofl:

3 Likes

by the way, this is just to get into the main menu XD

2 Likes

Yeah I hear they got hit by a massive DDoS.

1 Like

The queue went down quickly from 30000 for me, but it still took loooong. The game itself is what I wanted it to be, and I’ve been having good fun!

3 Likes

Mine also went down quickly from there, but when it reached around 100 or even 0, it gave me an error that blizzard could not log me in, I then had to retry, and in would place me back at around 600 in queue after a while of just retrying I could finally get in, got play of the game for the first game and carried my team to victory.

I also see Overwatch does not even exist on my games list anymore, it is just OW2 now

2 Likes

Correct. OW1 is gone.
I’m quite enjoying the game. The 5v5 Robot Push mode especially!

3 Likes

Another game launch, another fuck show.

3 Likes

Give it a week or two to start playing. Not a good thing when your season is only 9 weeks (I think?).

3 Likes

Activision Blizzard doing really well recently!

1 Like

Played some more today, battlepass progress feels a bit slow for me, but I guess as I start completing weekly challenges it would most likely go faster. Uploaded some play of the games to youtube for the fun of it, the built in highlight system works quite well I feel, I can simply save it to my PC and upload to youtube( although having to edit a text file to change the save location is a bit silly).

Unfortunately I have been in a few games, where either people on our team or the enemy team just leave and none joins, having one less hero in this game is very bad. Starting to feel like I am getting games now as well that actually are quite even, not too many games where we just steam roll each other, though they do still happen occasionally.

2 Likes