Oxygen Not Included

Same. I also have this craving to play it again.

2 Likes

I got Rimworld a few months ago, and I much prefer Oxygen Not Included. Rimworld feels a little too unstructured compared to this, imo.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll start it up soon!

3 Likes

I find Rimworld much easier for some reason. Once you get into the groove of things everything just flows.

1 Like

Yeah, the biggest thing that gets to me about ONI is the automation. I know that is kinda the point of the game if logic and automation but I am no programmer and frankly feel a bit dumb, when I donā€™t ā€œget itā€.

3 Likes

In Rimworld, I find itā€™s much easier to maintain stasis. As long as you have food and wood, youā€™ll be fine for a while.

3 Likes

Some of it is straightforward. Like for the smart battery, otherwise youā€™re just wasting energy.

1 Like

I will let you lot have the fun, I am useless in this game

3 Likes

Lol this is what I fear.

3 Likes

The cold is pretty rough, but itā€™s still on the easier side of the available worlds somehowā€¦

If youā€™re struggling for oxygen early on, thereā€™s a ton way down below the starting pod.
If youā€™re struggling with keeping your crops warm early on, build compost piles near them. (and generators/batteries)

2 Likes

Iā€™ve started the seed.

3 Likes

1 Like

FINE, I bought itā€¦ played it and as expected, I suck, but I can already see how I can get better on a second run. But Iā€™ll ride out this first, crappy run and learn as much as I can to have much better second run.

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to continue on the seed to see if I can find anything interesting, but if you are not feeling that last seed, hereā€™s the one for my current and longest lasting ever colony.

OCAN-A-1991205870-0

Ocean word, lots of vents, lots of wildly differing temperature zones. tons of salt water.
You start fairly low down, so easy access to oil, but what feels like a million miles to the surface.
Saltwater + high temps means you can make use of steam power and use the condensation as potable water.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll the the ice place another shot, my peeps starved to death :frowning: Didnā€™t get the plants warm enough in time.

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty tricky, Iā€™m on like cycle 20 something, barely have enough viable growing space to keep my dudes alive. Found one warm pocket so far, top right diagonally from starting area.
The hexavalent plants whatever they are called, pack a huge amount of calories if you can find them.

2 Likes

I have food this time!

4 Likes

This game is a problem.

3 Likes

Youā€™re hooked now. Arenā€™t you?

1 Like

Iā€™ve spent almost a day achieving almost nothing. And yet I want to keep going.

4 Likes